fixing leak

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by jgoforthh, Mar 9, 2008.

1. jgoforthh

jgoforthh New Member

State:
    kentucky
    just wondering if they make something to patch leaks in a riveted jon boat besides replacing the rivets themselves? thanks. any info is appreciated.

2. Fishbit

Fishbit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you can find the leaker, first try taping it a little with a hammer on each side. They are aluminum too so don't whack them too hard.
    There ae at least 3 brands of two part boat repair epoxy sticks. They work even if wet. Just mix by hand into a dough and apply to the spot.
    J & B is one, can't remember the others. I have carried these for years in the boat and have fixed several holes and rivits leaks. I am on some pretty shallow water with plenty of rocks.

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If you have a lot of leaks you can have the inside of the hull sprayed like a truck bed liner. Most of the companies have alot of different colors so it can match.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    And this works real well also Cabela's Aluminum Boat Patch Item:IJ-010655 is easy to use and works well

5. jgoforthh

jgoforthh New Member

State:
    kentucky

thats what someone else told me too. i thought they was joking. thanxs.

6. Catalac

Catalac New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can buy spray in bed liner from wally world for around 7 bucks a can. I just bought some today.

7. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    ive seen they have that putty like concrete or jb weld fixed all kinds of stuff with it