Fixed the mailbox like the wife asked....

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, May 14, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Shawna was complaining that the mailbox post was loose and crooked and that the paint on ol' Blue (the blue catfish mailbox) was chipped up. Said it was making the place look a little trashy. Well, it took most of the afternoon and some powertools, but I got the mailbox post replaced and the mailbox spruced up. Somehow she's not as happy as I thought she'd be....I'm telling you, you just can't win with the wife sometimes...:wink:

[​IMG]

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    For the life of me I can't see why she don't like the post or that good looking Kittty Mailbox. :big_smile:

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I dunno - I even put it on the right side of the driveway, so the Red is on the Right when Returning:wink:

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    looks like you did a good job to me

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I LOVE IT BRANDEN, WISH I HAD ONE JUST LIKE IT!!

you hoosier!!! no wonder you fit in so well around here!! LMAO!!:smile2::smile2:

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    PSSSS, Hey Bill careful what you wish for someone might just fix you right up:eek:oooh::smile2:.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Now That's Slicker than Snot on a Brass Door Knob Branden,Great Job !!! What's the Wife Know Anyway, RIGHT? Reps to You for a Job Well Done. J.D.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Gotta make them eyes glow so ya know when ya home late, its your place not the neighbors. LOL

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    if she gets tired of it ship it on down to southwest mo i'll give it a good home.

10. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Such are the joys of marries life, Branden...grinning...
    Mail box looks good...

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    So Bluecats like Bills and Sales Flyers eh? Have to give that a try. :wink::smile2:

Classic Branden. Looks Great.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Brandon, i just posted the answer to all of mens problems in the joke section. Take a peek, it will sooth a married man's soul.:smile2:

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is a awesome mail box right there glad to hear you got it done, and it is sharp, I dont see why your wife is complaining lol, its the best looking mailbox I have ever seen but I agree with you sometimes you just cant please women no matter how hard you try.

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Erics dad, I think her complaint is that the last three numbers are out of plumb. If you straighten them up I believe it will pass inspection. Although she is a woman.

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I can get ya some points Brandon, takes me about a day to build one from brick and stone.:cool2: I can't build fish however.:eek:oooh:

16. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    haha what an awesome mailbox. great job,some people justy dont know quality art:smile2:

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Branden a neat job. You definitely have a way with colors.:smile2:

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    you hoosier!!! no wonder you fit in so well around here!! LMAO!!:smile2::smile2:[/QUOTE]

There's a reason I told my realtor "NO HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATIONS" when I was looking for a house:smile2:

Rat, I have the bottom half of a bouy that would make a SWEET mailbox post.....the ol' mailbox would look nice on top of that big fin on the bottom:wink:

Bob, yeah, my stencilling skills aren't what they used to be. 5 or 10 years from now when it needs repainting I'll straighten them out:big_smile:

19. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Can't for the life of me see why she ain't plum tickled. Looks great to me.

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Thats one heck of a mail box Branden, WTG
    What about making a Flathead box for all the junk mail, and put it on the other side of the drive way