five dollar hole ponds

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by wiskeredwarrior101, May 27, 2008.

1. wiskeredwarrior101

wiskeredwarrior101 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Ok so i was going by the five dollar hole in King George (which wont get anymore of my money dont much like it there) and i noticed a few guys fishing down at the ponds and ive heard stories about the BIG Bass in these ponds but ive never tried so i went down to check it out and got chased out by some guys who said they rent the pond every year blah blah does anyone know anything about these ponds? located off route 3 at the farley vale farm

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    How did you find it? Was it private land? Sounds strange to me that you paid and then got run off by other fishers. Most likely a scam.
    sorry

3. wiskeredwarrior101

State:
    virginia
    well theres a farm farley vale farms and they own the land and allow people to pay 5 dollars for fishing the river on their property the lakes on their land are privately owned supposidly according to those men and i dono how to find out who owns it i havent yet had a chance to ask the land owners of the five dollar hole

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I know the lakes that you are talking about, and have often wondered if there were fish of any size in them myself.

I always figured that the lakes were left over from mining operations happening from there on up-river.

You would probably be wise to ask the owners of the farm. Who knows? You might find that you can run these jokers off!

Let us know what you find out! :0a31:

5. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't think the farm has anything to do with those ponds. they are old sand and gravel pits. And some of the older ponds in the back are full of big bass. Unfortunately they are private.

6. wiskeredwarrior101

State:
    virginia
    Thanks for the info everyone. Rapp do you have any idea of how to get ahold of the owners of the pond? does anyone have any ideas all these stories of big bass are exciting me.

7. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fished some of the older ponds just down the road from the ones out by the 5 dollar hole farm. I fished with a friend who had permission to fish them. I'm not sure who gave him permission but he lives within eye site of the 5 dollar farm. This was 20 years ago. I don't know much about the newer ponds closer to 5 dollar hole.