Fishsim2 game

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Zeke, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Zeke

Zeke New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I just wanted to know if any of the Pa fisherman ever played Fishsim2?

Reason i'm asking is because i've just completed my first fishing "venue" that is modelled after Lock3 dam on the Allegheny River.

If you're not familiar with the game (it's actually a simulator, and a good one at that) it was designed by a British developer who made it fairly easy for others to make their own areas, or "venues" to fish in.

So what you have is a myriad of choices in tackle and baits to use, weather and water temperature effects, many different areas to fish in from across the world, and realistic fish behaviours.

So why am I mentioning it here? Because it includes cats! :0a1: The venue that I just made i've stalked it with the usual fish in this area, and that included channel and flathead cats along with a rare gar, paddlefish, and maybe even a lake sturgeon :0a16:

Anyway, forgive me if i'm sounding like i'm pimping this simulator here...I just enjoy the hell out of it when i'm not feeling like going out and doing the real thing. Plus, i'd like to see some locals try out my new venue and tell me how realistic it is.

Here's a video of someone playing it
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_fqzdk393QY

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hey Derek - I checked out the video clip. It looks like fun. Where do you go to play it? Is it like a PS2 game or what?

3. Zeke

Zeke New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    It's for the PC.

Here's a link for the demo, but i've not tried the demo and i've heard that some versions of it don't have any fish in them. Kind of strange to release a demo with no fish to catch, but maybe this isn't that version.
    http://fishsim2.com/demo.htm

4. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania

Yep they really did make a demo that doesn't allow you to caych any fish and just in case you feel like trying to fool your self into think you might it says you wont right across the middle of the screen the entire time. guess I just have to buy it. Add another thing to the list lol.

5. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    My kids love the backround music. Thanks for posting. :big_smile: