1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well heres some more news from the parrish boys
    last week vern called and said our brother david was up from florida staying at dads on rough river for a couple weeks they were tear'n up the stripe bass and wanted us to come down , so vern went down on thursday night i think any way he called me friday night and confirmed the stripes were on fire so i called my freind stacey and we headed out saturday morn'n at 4:30 am for a two hour drive we got to dads at 7 am he works doing maintenance and grounds keeping for rough river parks and dam and had to be at work at 7:30 so after he left for work , vern and dave hopped in vern's truck with boat attached and took off for the river , stacey and i followed as we got close to the ramp there was a old gas station with one pump at the end of a gravel road stacey says i guess thats were they pump in the sunshine :lol: he had talked all the way down about how hardin county kentucky was gods country :lol: way back in the booney's , any how we get on the water and run up river in search of a riffle were vern and dave had caught stripes the day before , the water had dropped and we had to beach before we could get there and make the rest of the trip on foot stacey asked how far of a walk it was and vern said not far well i know vern and i said ok its a mile then :lol: dave was grinnin from ear to ear , he knew i was right , well if it wasnt a mile it was two :lol:
    we got there to find a few stripes vern and dave limited out quick 5 each over 15 inches i only caught 1 and stacey caught 2 and had 2 buffalo one was 25 inches the other 20 vern said keep them that dad liked to eat'm so we did but back before vern and dave caught all their fish we were fish'n a riffle about 4 foot across there was four of these down stream to where we left our boats beached we were fish'n when all at once we look up to see a bass tracker probly 14' with 2 guys coming up river over those riffles and continued on up past us you could hear rocks scraping the bottom of their boat and the prop grinding gravel :lol: now thats dedication , and to top it off there was 2 more boats a half hour apart that followed the first
    we left after awhile and headed back to the house to clean the fish when we got to dads we found him and his wife mowin the yard so dad could get to go fish'n with us that afternoon heres some pics of the day and il continue this story with more pics in another post in this thread so stay tuned

Attached Files:

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Keep going chuck! I wanna hear more!!!

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    more pics as promised , by the way they insisted on me haveing my pic made with their fish

Attached Files:

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    looks like you all had a blast had to work all weekend so i didnt get out on the water would have been good weekend for the fish thanks for sharing

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well after we got back to the house dave said he would clean the fish but after the second one he cut his finger and vern had to finish them up he said dave would do anything to get out of cleaning fish lol
    we laughed and talked about everything it was great fun , after the fish were clean we went in and ate dinner although it was 3pm by this time lol dad finaly quit mowin even though it wasnt done lol his wife sure let him here it too , how she new he would find away not to finish lol and go off fishin with us , dad paid her no mind lol and we all jumped in the truck and headed up the road to fish at meeting creek , when i was youger id always heard how the fish'n at meeting creek was great but id never been there . so we stopped at the owner of the properties house and dad talked to the guys wife she said william was already down there so we headed back across the farm and down over the hill about a 1/4 of the way was williams truck blocking the goat path dad was driving down lol we were in for another 2 mile walk to the creek we got there to find william setting on the bank with 1 fish said he had been there awhile well dad cominced to fish'n right beside him while talkin and the rest of us fanned out along the steep bank looking for a way down to the waters edge the banks where atleast 20' high but the creek wasnt 15' wide and you could see the bottom of most of it through the spring fed water it was a nice site to see back in the middle of no where , meeting creek was just that 2 creeks coming together both spring fed and running cold and clear and swift it had a lot of current and under cut banks of rock and mud with logs every where
    we i say we as me and stacey werent having much luck catchin fish lol we headed up river to find a better whole to fish we crossed a ditch that was deep that cut down through the bank like to never made it up the other side slippin and slidin well a few yards on up the creek we found another ditch and i decided we would walk up the hill and around it so stacey followed me up the hill at the top was a rock overhang with a cave leading back in the hill well you already know curiosty got to us so we had to check it out i went back in this cave about 20' it got dark quick so i took my camera out and flashed a pic around a corner and to my suprize it kept going back even further so we came out to the opening to find some thing to make a torch out of , the only thing we had that was dry enough to burn lol was our nylon stringers so i wrapped one around a stick real tight and tied it on we saved the other to get back out with and headed in we went back as far as we could see without the torch even used the flash on my camera some to help guide the way we walked up right probly 50' then lit the torch and crawled 50' more before we could stand back up then went another 30' and crawled some more lol it went further back than i expected , when it got to the point that we where going to have to belly crawl we turned around rewrapped the torch and headed out about half way out stacey stopped in his tracks there was a spider hangin from the ceiling i had forgot he was afraid of spiders lol he reminded me real quick when he stood there shakin and saying we werent going any further , i said you dummy thats the way out and the torch is not going to last that long lol burn that spider and lets go and so he did and about another 30' or so he stopped again this time it was to crawl well i looked up and the ceiling was coverd in creepy crawlers lol i told him not to look up and pushed him forward and yelled run lol we got out ok but not with out being muddy and wet and about half high off the fumes from that torch lol
    well we found vern at the creek he had done limited out and was waiting on dad and dave to do the same all the while telling us where to fish and us telling him about our journy to the unknown lol he says do you need a flash light and handed us one he had with him so we went back up to the cave and went in again this time i took some pics and we went even further back in and the last pick i took was done while laying on my back in a pipe that lead down deeper we found a cave bat and several cave spiders and crickets a few small stalagtites all before coming back out
    on the way back to the house dad says did ya'll find the 3 indians down in that cave well i didnt even know he knew we were in there lol it seems vern had done told on us lol dad said he had seen them and that they were along way back in there past where we turned around another mile probly and william said if we had taken the other tunnel which we did see another that lead upward that we would have come out in the feild behind his house dad says theres plenty more caves to see down there and hed be glad to take us to them so me and stacey are already planning another trip soon
    well im tired now so im going to post the pics and head to bed ya'll enjoy

Attached Files:

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    more pics of the cave

Attached Files:

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    more pics of saturday

Attached Files:

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great pics Charles! Thanks for sharing!:cool2:

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    That Was A Super Post!!!! Thank You Charles.Your Iowa B.O.C. Friend and Brother,J.D.

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Sounds like you guys had a great day, thanks for the pics and story.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Charles thats a nice story, and nice pics.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for the fishin' story Chuck - the pics were great too :smile2:. That cave looked/sounded quite interesting, and it was fun seein' so many members of the Parrish family getting together for a family outing :cool2:. Glad y'all had such a wonderful time!

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charles thanks for sharing. I looked at your father and can feel that he is proud of his family and the time you all spend with him. :big_smile: