Fishjacking !!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by RIVERRUNT, Nov 28, 2005.

1. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Just read an interesting article in magazine.Two men and a women were wetting their lines for catfish in Kansas Citys Troost Lake when they were approached by a pair of bandits who wanted their fish and not there money.One bandit took the stringer of 12 to 15 catfish and fled.When one of the men gave chase the thiefs partner shot the 33 year old hitting them in the leg.The victomized lady said she didnt understand why they took the catfish because they would have to clean em and thats a lot of work.This crime remains unsolved.To catch em maybe the police should got to troost lake and wait for someone to take the bait.Watch Out!!!!!!!.Dont forget to keep pistol in tacklebox when you are fishing there.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Dang, now thats just sad. If its one thing I hate its when someone messes with someone else when there fishing... :cursing: ...I hope they are caught, and I hope that dosent happen anymore :eek:

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    ya dont mess with my truck my boat an stay out of the garage. an if ya mess with the fishing say hello to mister smith if someone wanted some of my catch all they would have to do is ask, that is just unreal . it is actualy making me laugh a little. i would have never though of someone stilling my stringer right in front of me, yes ive had people take fish off my jugs befor an that cuts right through me too but i have always been woried someone would try walking off with my equipment not my stringer

4. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    lol wow...........................................that is sad.....i mean i could see maybe if they were poor but u still dont have the right to steel y would you shoot someone OVER FISH!!

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Hum I have never heard of of that. they must was hungary! or just plan crazy.

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Not the best part of town, there was some speculation by the regulars there that there was more to that story than a fish theft, as well as considerable skepticism about the stringer size.

7. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    wow, and I thought I had seen and heard everything. This world gets a little more crazy everyday! :eek:

8. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    They got catfish jacked !!!!

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    maybe their crack dealer takes fish in trade? it dont sound like they were thinking rationally.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Now that is Low, dont take my fish!!

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The Great Fish Jacking of 2005! Sounds like a good headline in the newspaper.HAHA That's pretty terrible. :confused: You would have to be one sorry sack of crap to steal someones stringer of fish. That's funny.

12. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Unless those guys where just plain old crazy, I bet there was more to the story.

However, I have had a stringer stolen from me in front of my eyes, but it was a huge snapping turtle. I held on for all I could, but I was only about 10 at the time and the rope started to burn through my hands. I geuss I could have gone into the water after him, but those things are mean. :)

13. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    It's not really that funny! Over the years, I have heard of way to many peope getting killed for there fishing gear, boats or just for the heck of it! On my local rivers! Its good not to fish alone and unarmed in remote places, especially at night!

14. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Wow, most of the tiem if someone wants a fish or two that i am catching all they have to do is ask. 99 times out of a hundred I have no problem with parting ways with a few. What is this world coming too?

-Brian

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Brian.....You have to catch the fish first, to give them away :p LOL!!!!!
    Just kidding Fishtalker.

16. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I think there is more to the story, because when I was watching it on the news here in KC, they kept changing the story. I'm not sure that I would want to be in that part of town at night anyway. Kansas City's murders are way up this year, we have never broken 100, and we did that a couple months ago. Eventhough the person did get shot, what was he doin with 15 fish, when the limit around here is 2-3.

17. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

Robb,

LMAO, Let's not even get into this summers stats. :p I was fishing with ya all summer remember....

Fish Talker= 4 cats
    Vini=0 cats
    Robb=0 cats

(Remember the sign) :p

-Brian

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Oh......The sign. That was too funny!!!!!!!! :glare:

19. 98custom

98custom New Member

State:
    Northwest Flori
    i read that also. pretty sad. it was in either feild and stream or outdoor life. i get both of them an cant remember.

20. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    I think they didnt have both oars in the water.They should of went for money then they could of bought some farm raised catfish from krogers and wouldnt have to clean them and still had some change left over for a crack rock.Yeah article was in outdoor life.