fishing?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by stlrider, Aug 30, 2008.

1. stlrider

stlrider New Member

State:
    mo
    wheres a good place to go around corning?

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    William, welcome to the BOC!!! Would love to be able to help you, but have not fished around corning, so can be of no help to you!!! Sorry!

3. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I don't know too much about the fishing around Corning. I do know that it's part of the Delta so you should be able to find a good fishing hole or two around there.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't know anything about that area, but welcome to the BOC!

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I grew up in Jonesboro and taught school at Highland High School in Hardy for 10 years, and Corning isn't too far away. I know the Black river is close to Corning. I don't know how cold it is in that part, but down south of there, it runs through Blackrock, just north of Hoxie and Walnut Ridge. There are lots of areas there that might hold catfish. I assume you are wanting to catfish. Down around Blackrock, is a few oxbow lakes called Shirey Bay, and Portia Bay. I fished them for bream for years and years. I know there are big cats in there from seeing the locals catch them.
    Again, I don't know much about the Black river up around Corning for catfish, but I know they fish it a lot for bass all through that stretch from there down past Blackrock. It empties into the White river somewhere down there. Good luck and let us all know if you doing any good. I bet you can talk to the locals and the baitshops around there and find a good starting point.
    ccat