Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by canepole, Apr 6, 2006.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Well if all goes well I maybe out on the river this saturday, Depending on the weather, I havn't fished in darn neer two month's lol, I don't even have a new fishing licence yet, I think I have about got over the catfish fever, but its coming back, I met up with legendary catfisherman "WildBill" from alabama today and he got my fever going again. but they are taking about a cold front coming in saturday and 15 to 20 mph winds,that sounds like a case of lockJaw to me, I may just sit back and hold the couch down...Ol Well..:crying:

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    AHHH heck man you cant catch em from the couch! LOL:) Fishing has started to turn up a little around here once the water temp warms so you never no! Let us know how you do thought once you do get out!

3. oldwhiskers

oldwhiskers New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    They called for 10-15 mph winds last saturday so I didn't go and it ended up being nice for a change. This weeked looks like it will be like most of the past several weekends with that ront coming through.

If this keeps up I will probably need to take off work just to go fishing on a nice day since all of the nice days are during the week.

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    This Wind And/or Rain Has Stopped Me This Whole Spring. Got As Close As Backing The Car Up To The Boat Trailor Yesterday When It Started Raining. Got Out One Day This Spring And Got Blown Off The Water Then.

5. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I'll bet someone could fill up a freezer if they had some limb lines out now. The water is up and still rising. It will probably go up a lot more after the storms tonight.

6. oldwhiskers

oldwhiskers New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Been wanting to go fishing to get a picture for my avatar, may have to sit in the boat in the yard and have the wife take a picture of me. :rolleyes:

7. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The weather turned on me this evening, nice weather but few fish. Only had 1 channel and it attacked a bluegill that was intended for the flatheads, and only weighed 3.8 oz. Then hooked into a LARGE LARGE grass carp and went into the water after my inexperienced friend tried to net it while it was fighting at the bank and I took a swim but lost it after grabbing a hold. I wanted that fish badly. It was longer than my 42 in catfish when compared to the net. How badly will this front effect tommorow.

8. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I reckon I am going to try and do some work around the house today, and I plan on being out in the river set up before first light tomorrow.its been awhile since I have been out there and I hope to find me a good one.

9. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Gas prices seem to get higher every week, and I don't know about you feller's but I hate giving my money to the towel heads, I have been trying to catch up on stuff around the house and holding the couch down, I may only fish once or twice a month.
    I use to fish once or twice a week, it was 277.9 a gallon here yesterday at most places.

10. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Hello tom,
    can you remember this picture you took of me when we were out them cold days.
    Remenber when I said "DO YOU WANT THE NET" and about that time it got off.Good to see you back again.:cool:
    mr smith