fishing yesterday

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Sep 30, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well Ray (Raysplay) met up with me yesterday and we hit the river . Couldnt ask for a more perfect day on the river , the weather was exceptionally nice and the river was running perfect ,Now the fishing wasnt so great. Ray ended up with a nice 10 lb . blue not 50 yards from the boat ramp. We fished hard yesterday and only ended up with one more blue around 1.5 -2 lbs. Now a word of advice for everyone. CHANGE YOUR FISHING LINE OFTEN ! Im glad ray was there as a wittness. After loseing a good cat not ten foot from the boat ( he fell off the hook) I hooked a real nice blue cat . I fought him for a littlewhile and all was going good . got him near the boat and his head came above the water , and he was a nice one . He seen us and didnt want no part of it . he made one more attemp to get loose and he succeded . Snapped 50 lb. line and was gone . So change out your line often . But hey a day on the river with a friend makes for a perfect day . Cant have stories if you dont get out there .

Attached Files:

2. L2druid

L2druid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well at least you didn't get totally skunked. Thanks for the heads up on the line and hope you have better luck next time on the water.

~Heather

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Robert thanks for the post an also a reminder to all of us to change line regularly.

4. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Robert hate you lost that fish and didn't get to get a pic. It sounded like you had funn any way.

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    ouch! broke your line. 50# should hold a whale. was it mono? hard lesson for you buddy. glad ya'll got to fish though.

6. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    ya billy it was big game . It was given to me in a 1 lb spool , so i dont know how old it really was . Lessons learned by experiance :smile2:

7. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    Sorry bout your line breaking and losing a nice fish. Was a nice day for fishing and you didn't get skunked.

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    you both had success even though your line broke. I used to leave my rod and reels in the boat, but noticed my line breaking down from the sun, so now it comes in and put on the rod rack on the wall. Was the water muddy down there Tall? it was up here.

9. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    i went to dam 10 monday caught 3 blues 4 pound range and several thump-er drums!!!! but it was a nice day as well they were running 84,000 and the water was muddy also, but shad were everywhere !!! and sorry you got your line broke,, heck i just use 25 pound test,, where i fish.

10. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    I know the feeling I had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago hooked a bigun and he snapped my line like it was thred so when we got home I put new Cajon Red 30# on all of our poles also I have been paying more attention to the drag. Have a great week Shep

11. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Sounds like a good time even tho you broke your line. Thanks for sharing

12. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    yep jim , pretty muddied up .And hey you cant learn if you dont get out there . I just learned the hard way :smile2: wont happen again i hope

13. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Yes we had a great day, and I seen the fish that broke the line it was a REALLY GOOD ONE:eek:oooh::crazy: but over all a good time. We both just looked at each other and said no way:eek:oooh::crazy::angry:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009