fishing wives

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman42, Jul 28, 2009.

1. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    my wife allways wants to go fishing with me what you all think about that good or bad i think i need a night out fishing with the guys to get the big ones

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Mine hates fishing and I like it that way, LOL. The trick is to have a wife that doesn't fish but yet never stops you from fishing ; )

Me...I need my alone time and fishing is my time. I do take my kids once a week but that's always fun, then I fish at least 2 more times a week alone.

You know you don't want her to go all the time or you wouldn't be writing this thread, LOL.

3. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    you know it bro,she didnt go untill i baught a pontoonbut im not going to get rid of the pontoon.lol

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  4. fraid_knot

fraid_knot Guest

I just wake up bright an early an shake the ol gal and say, " hey Honey, how bouts alil woopee?" and she says, "be sure and take a jacket, dont want ya ta catch a cold." :wink:

5. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    Guess Im lucky mt wife loves to fish but also will on occasion tell me go find so in so and go fishing :big_smile:

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Maybe I'm an old romantic, but I wish my wife would fish with me more. After all these years I still enjoy her company and spending time together but I burnt her on a trip to Canada. I still enjoy my time alone but I'd jump at the chance to have her along with me. She is very supportive and I go whenever I want with no complaints because she understands my passion. Stay safe and enjoy the moment!!!:wink:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  7. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My wife (puppypal) and I fish together every weekend and I enjoy every minute of it, we share the same passion.It is a give and take thing with us, she likes to fish the lakes and ponds and I like to fish the river and river dams so we tradeup. works out pretty good, ever now and thin she does the women thing and goes shopping and I find myself missing my best fishing buddy.:wink:

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Kinda wish my wife would be able to go fishing with me more then she can right now. If they wanna go I say heck yes. I've always for the past 22 plus years have had a best friend an that is her.

9. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    good thinking bro i will do that

10. medford

medford Member

State:
    pleasant h
    i take mine if she wants to go but she usaually just tells me to go with one of the boys but i dont mind her goin if she wants

11. Ms. Cat'n Around

Ms. Cat'n Around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro, North Carolina
    Hi Catman42! From a woman's point of view, I can sympathize with your wife. Me and my other half are not married but do everything as if we are. He got me hooked on catfishing and I love it just as good as he does if not more. I go with him as much as I can, but he does get to go every once and a while with his buddies. I must confess though some nites, he will tell you, I do sit at home with my lips poked out if I haven't gotten to go that week. At least you know where her heart is, and that she enjoys being with you doing something you both like to do.

12. Yourused

Yourused New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I found one who will bait her own hook, take her own fish off, and then clean all the fish WE catch.. Also she likes to go fishing all night even in the rain and cold.. wahoo!!

13. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Christie and I are not married, but have been a couple now for 8 years, both single with no children. I fish with her 100% of the time and we make a very good team. I ride 4 wheelers with the guys on occasion, but they know they're not getting on the boat. She fishes hard, handles the big fish well, and I love the looks we get when she backs me down the ramp to launch the boat--lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  14. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I wish mine could go. Before she got hurt see went with me all the time and they were some of the best trips I ever had. She tries to go some now but if the water is rough it causes to much pain. She tells me to go when ever I want but its not the same.

So guys if your wife or girlfriend wants to go jump at the chance you will never regret it.

15. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    As long as your woman dosn't get mad at you for going i think your pretty lucky, everyonce in a while mine has a little fit when i get to going too much. LMAO for those of you who havent seen this one it fits this topic perfect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1l7J9X5XA

16. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.

me and tracy are the same way sc. we get some looks to when she bcks me down:smile2: or when i drop her off at the ramp and she gets the truck. i love it, although i do enjoy goin with my buddies sometimes, i couldnt ask for a better fishing partner. i dont have to ask her to do anything, she already knows what to do and when. from catching the bait till we load back up.

17. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
  18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Bring her with you next time you come over Morris!!:wink:

19. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I gotta carry a bucket in the truck all the time cause She'll call me up at work from where she works on an afternoon and tell me to "pick up some minnows on the way home and don't go fishin' without me!" She gets home after me and first thing she says comin' thru the door "is the truck loaded? let's go!"

20. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You know you got a keeper when she says "of course you're supposed to clean your fish in the kitchen. It's food, isn't it?"

So I've always had me an airconditioned fish cleanin station with a double sink and garbage disposal.:big_smile: