Fishing Without My Licence

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, May 25, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Im going to be honest 3 weeks ago I was fishing this polluted creek by my house for bullheads ive fished it for 20yrs rarely see a fisherman let alone a game warden so this game warden shows up to give us a ticket my brother and his friend got tickets also but im the only one who has to appear in court tried to postpone but they told me that it was a special hearing and I do have a licence they didnt? Most of you would need to be paid to fish this creek!dont get me wrong I realize I was in the wrong but come on this is rediculous special hearing for me;they should focus there atention on something a little more serious than me So now today i left work at lunch to drive an hour away to pay a ticket that ery body else paid through the mail The lady on the fone told me this is a criminal summons CRIMINAL New jersey is about to lose one of the few tax paying citizens it has left THANKS FOR LETTING ME RANT tried hard to keep the curses out

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    the purpose of a fishing licence is to pay for stocking maintaining and other things to help the fishery 1.This creek has never been stocked with #### 2.Place looks like #### 3. theres needles flotin in there from storm drains heating oil tanks washer machines etc... 4.my friend when we were kids stepped on some glass in the water and contracted hepititis whatever i clean up down there looks worse a day later SO IF THE STATE WANTS TO CHARGE ME TO FISH THERE THEY SHOULD PUT SOME OF MY FINES TOWARDS MAKING IT BEARABLE TO EVEN LOOK AT AND I DO HAVE A LICENCE BUT THEY FEEL THE NEED TO EMBARASS THE HECK OUT OF ME

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well I guess they think your special. When you get down there tell them that John (Arlington) said they should have let you mail it in.LOL

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yeh they should have let you mail it in,I'm 33 now and have never been checked for a license.I have always had them(easier now since its only $5 for a hunting/fishing combo) and not once have they even checked for them.Not long ago I was at a state park fishing and the Game Warden drove by and stopped and asked if I was doing any good.He didn't bother to ask for a license,sure as I write this the next time I'm out--they'll check me!!!

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    HOLY #### in JERSEY its $22.50 for a licence

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That is a bummer, having to drive that far to pay a fine. Fuel/time vs. postage, I believe that would hack me off too.

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    He!! in Tennessee it's 28.00.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    my bad guys,I don't remember how much a regular license is,I only pay $5 for a disabled license.Its helped me out the last couple years but I don't get to fish as much now.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Whew was just about to pack up and leave right now

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    [size=+1]Aw man, that sucks... and to top it all off I'll bet you never even had a paddle...:lol:[/size]

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    well its time to leave to go to court talk to you guys in a little while

12. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    My license this year was $36 plus tax. That's up 12 from last year.:crazy:

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I don't understand, did you have a Fishing License or not?

14. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Does anybody know if the violations & fines are different for fishing without having purchased a license, as opposed to fishing without having your license in your possession?

15. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    ?????? Sounds like he didn't have a license when caught, then bought one after the fact?

16. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    In New Jersey you must fill out a child support form when getting a fishing or hunting license. They check to make sure you are paying it.

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Sounds like Jersey is a little like Oklahoma. Want to bleed you for everything they can. So, in addition to the fine for not having a license in your possession, they are not gonna stick you with court costs. Yep, it is a racket and the only one making out is the courts and attorneys. Our license is 20.00 per year but you have to pay a $5.00 legacy fee each time you renew your license. This is supposedly to buy more land for sportsmen and to upgrade facilities (docks, ramps, picnic grounds, rest rooms, etc) at state parks. I'll be a blue faced martian before I ever see where a penny of it is spent.

18. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    This is supposedly to buy more land for sportsmen and to upgrade facilities (docks, ramps, picnic grounds, rest rooms, etc) at state parks. I'll be a blue faced martian before I ever see where a penny of it is spent.[/quote]

Probably not for the parks, but their own backyards and homes.

19. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    45minutes there 1hour back 15mins. in court for it to be dismissed had to really curb my tounge when i walked past the court clerk who talked to me like i was aconvict she told me that it was criminal and that i have to show up in court even though the ticket showed that no court appearence required.And for the record idid have a licence oh and the judge laughed when he read the ticket and faintly said and I quote "Are you serious"

20. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am happy it turned out so well for you...it could have went the other way just as easy.