Fishing withdrawls

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by big-muddy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    boy its just not the same here on the salt water. its fun pullin in a spanish mackeral, but nothin just really compares to a good sized cat. i hear there are good cats in the rivers down here, but it costs me too much money to go anywhere. cant wait to come hang with the illinois crew!

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I hope you get a chance to catch some cats soon

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shane the Illinois crew and cats are waiting on you. You are missed. Stay safe and hurry home.

4. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah...i think i'm headed down to ol lake okeechobee first of the new year...

5. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    do u still have that boat?well anyway hang in there,december is right around the corner.see ya soon!

6. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Shane can't wait to go fishing with you again. The fish are and will be biting in December. Do you think you are ready for 20-30 degree days? I don't look forward to those cold days but I won't let it stop me from catching fish. When the temp gets below 20 degrees I don't fish. My line freezes up and casting gets rough. You can drift at that temp but you run the risk of cutting the line on ice build up on the line. The other problem is the steam coming off the water collects on the boat and turns to ice. Can be treacherous if caution is not taken. The ramp can be tricky at that time also. Charlie and I went fishing one night and the temp dropped into the single digits. We both decided there is a time to stay home and watch videos of our fishing adventures. It is a good time to restring and talk fishing on the with the brothers.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    charlie- yes i still have the boat. i wouldnt give it up for the world. (unless the world was a sea ark) . dan- sounds like a good time. im sure i could brave the cold. i havent seen anything under 45 degrees in along time though :smile2: