Fishing with the girlfriend.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Trahviiz, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Throughout the summer I've been taking my girlfriend fishing with me. This is the first year she's ever even attempted it. She insisted on using open face reels so as you can imagine it all started off as a mess.

I thought to make things easier I'd put circle hooks on her poles. She went all summer catching fish before she asked me why the hooks were different. When I told her the purpose of a circle hook I thought I'd never hear the end of it. She was p!ssed off, going on about how I didn't think she could do it and what not. lol

Now she's making me take her out next week to teach her how to "rip lips" instead. :smile2:

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yer learning- My woman is my fishing partner we do it alot to:roll_eyes:

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    My wife fishes with me a lot. In fact she gets mad if I get to go without her. :confused2::smile2:

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    LOL I started taking my new girlfriend out, she prefers catching bait because it is faster paced, but she is learning...

Soon she will know all that I do, and well I am not sure how much that says :wink:

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well Travis my friend, you are way ahead of me! My wife of 12 yrs just whent fishing with me this past Labor day weekend. She had a good time but prior to that she would have none of it. I think that the key to being able to fish ALL the time that you want to is to get your signifigant other into it:big_smile:.

6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Here's a twist for you Travis --- I'm the fishing nut in the family. My husband likes to fish but I'm the one that's addicted!! Better look out, your lady may be next!:wink::smile2:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    If she is going with you, that is what matters!! I do 90% of the "work" when I take my wife, but she is still my favorite fishing buddy

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    me and my wife don't get to go out like we would like to together.

i will tell ya one thing,i usually leave her alone and let her do it herself,lol

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My wife of 30 years just started fishing with me last year. She does not go a lot but when she goes she has a good time. She to started on a open face because that's all I have. She gets better each time and it is nice to have her out with me. I only help her when she asks. I learned that the hard way! LOL
    Bill

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Let your girlfriend/wife become part of the purchasing process. Explain the items to her and let her chose what she wants to use. Excitement will rise, and she will be thrilled to get to the lake.

11. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Travis, i told my girl about you taking your girlfriend fishing, and she said i should take her and teach her how to fish, so im glad you made this post :smile2:

12. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    my fishing partner is my wife

13. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Not in a million years...

14. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis

Awesome. It was a pain at first but she really does make for a better time on the water. She's super proud of herself for taking her own fish off, ect, as am I. :smile2:

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    by all means teach her to rip lips at least she wants to lern and wants to lern with you

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    That is a fact it is the only way I get to relax and think

17. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I took my girlfriend fishing and she had a blast! look at the pic. We celebrated 7 years of marriage a week ago. she hasn't been fishing with me in 5 years. Oh, I went fishing for the weekend of our ann. She loves me!

Attached Files:

18. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    All I get is blank stares from my girlfriend when I ask her if she wants to go fishing.

It's funny, she gives me the same look when I ask her if she wants to play Rock Band on the PS3.

She's funny though, she's Swiss and has a REALLY REALLY heavy accent since she only learned English 5 years ago. She'll say, "I don't fink (think) I ever want to ever play Rawk Star (Rock Band) in all of my life. Also, I don't fink I will go fishing wif (with) you. I will stay here and wead (read). You have fun, I will see you at free (three)."

So, the moral of the story is enjoy the time you get to spend with your girlfriend. And if your girlfriend happens to be Swiss, get a translator. Quickly. :eek:oooh: