Fishing with some B.O.C. Brothers

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Arkansascatman777, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Me and Big Sam met Skipeye (Darryl) and Poisonpits (Johnnie) at Kerr lake Saturday morning for a fun day of fishing. To Darryl's amazement the wind wasn't bad for a change on that lake:smile2:. The wind had been from about all directions leading up to Saturday so we knew the fish would be scattered. The water temps started out about 42 and hit 44 by days end. We fished a few flats late but concentrated on drops early. Bait used was Fresh caught shad and some frozen skip's. No big fish caught today but ended up with 25 to 30 eaters.

I fished most of the morning with Skipeye in his boat and Big Sam fished with Poisonpits in Sams boat. This first bunch of pic's is Darryl getting the Kerr Lake skunk out of the boat and catching his first Kerr Lake fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We swapped boats and I got on Sams Boat with Johnnie and Sam got in with Darryl. By then the bite had all but stopped and me and Johnnie didn't catch another fish. I think Sams boat is hexed :wink::smile2:. Folks Johnnie is a talker and I heard some great stories from his lifes experiences and even though the bite had stopped we had a great time and done some site seeing. I took him to Eagle Island and one of the pair was on the nest but flew as we got close. I was able to get a couple of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took a few when we got back to the ramp

Getting everything tied down and ready for the trip home

[​IMG]

Big Sam, Darryl, and Johnnie after we cleaned the fish we set around and had a couple hour BS session.

[​IMG]

Folks if you ever get a chance to fish with Darryl or Johnnie they are some great guy's and a lot of fun to fish with. Me and Sam had a blast and will set up another trip in a week or two. May take the toon next time so we can all fish on the same boat.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Nice photo's Johnny:smile2: I like the eagle shot you can tell it's him. Back to the "HEX" issue......When i jumped in with skipeye we seem to land about 7 more fish...:wink::smile2::tounge_out: Better increase the intake of lucky-charms....to a 1lb box daily!!! Let's do it again soon boy's.

3. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Johnny,
    Thanks for the pictures and congrats on the nice day of fishing with friends. rspd507

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a great day out! Good to hear you met up with some Brothers!!!

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Awesome Johnny, thanks for posting the pics! Catchin' a few fish would've been fun, but I'd have loved to have been a l'il fly on the wall.....uh, hat(s).....for the BS session. :crazy::smile2::cool2:

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LOOKS LIKE FUN GUYS !!!:smile2:

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fishing trip.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Johnny 777 and Big Sam are a class act and gave me an ole poisonpits the 'royal' treatment!

I took a few pics also and will try to get them downloaded and posted.

Can't wait to do it again.:big_smile:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Johnny - Great report and photos! :cool2: That is really cool to see some B.O.C. brothers get together, catch some cats and create some memories! Way to go guys! :big_smile: I tried to rep you Johnny but it appears I need to spread some rep around first!

10. davidp

davidp New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now that's a mighty fine way to spend the day! Thanks for the pics.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Nice photos,

It looks like you guys had a blast out there :0a23:, that's for sharing.
    :0a31:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"