Fishing with Roundhill and Rivercatsc

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Sep 14, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    As you may have read in another post, I had the pleasure of having Roundhill and Rivercatsc on my boat the day before the Carolina Catmen tournament on Santee.

These two gentlemen have a wealth of information about Santee Cooper and catfishing in general. It was really nice getting to fish with them and I learned a lot. One of the benefits of having pro's like them on your boat is that YOU CONTROL THE GPS, and you can enter all the waypoints you want when they are not looking!! :smile2:

The locations were not as important as some tidbits of info that they gave, some of which I do not even know they realized the importance of. The next day I took what I learned and headed out alone on the big water to try some things out.

I had my first 30 pound blue about 45 minutes into my first drift. I moved to another location and it only got better, with a double at one point with 30 pound blues that left a mess in the rigs. Before it was said and done I had landed 11 fish, with six of them between 29 and 31 pounds. That folks if a great day no matter where you fish. :wink:

Thanks again Roundhill and Rivercatsc for the education. :wink:

To answer a couple of questions that some may have; first, the thing on my face is in one picture is a spandex mask I wear while fishing in the summer in bright sunlight to prevent sunburn. I soak it in water and it also keep you cool!!

Second, I am able to take the pictures when I am alone due to a flexible camera bracket and by using the self timer on the camera. It takes a couple of tries to frame it right, but it is worth it to get those once in a lifetime catches on film. The gritted teeth shot holding up two fish comes from trying to suspend two 30 pound fish while waiting for the camera to fire, and not from trying to look like billy bad boy!! :smile2:

Rivercatsc gets photo credit for the 38 pound fish! I caught that one while on the boat with him and Roundhill. :smile2:

Last, ALL FISH were released alive back into Lake Moultrie. :wink:

Attached Files:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Is that what you where when you are checking those jugs so no one can recognize you. You look like you are robbing a bank with a catfish in you hands.:smile2: It was pleasure to fish with you and I had a good time this weekend.:big_smile:

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    WHO IS THAT MASKED MAN?

Sounds like a nice trip and good fellowship. Way to go guys!

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    anytime you get to fish with good friends like dieter an james you don't have to catch fish we had a great time an found a few fish to go with it thanks guys come back an see me again the roundhill

5. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Those are some good fish. Congrats.

6. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Dieter, sounds like you had a blast of a weekend.

7. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Thanks for the report, thoughs were some fine cats, you must learned a lot in one day! Great job! Guess I need to learn how to boat down to the lower lake to find some of those Pigs!

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yep, those were some great fishes!!!! Had a great time hanging with you guys last weekend! :smile2: Can hardly wait to do it again!

Bill in SC

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Might as well add a couple of more photos. Here's a 26 and a 23 pound blue. I caught the 23 driftin' the canal from Big Bird's boat.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I also have had the pleasure of fishing with Roundhill at the National gathering in 06. He is a great guy and can't wait to fish with him again someday!!

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I heard the fatman reeled one in too? I've fished with the roundhill, and he catches alot of good fish....but I've never actually seen him reel one in...lol