Fishing with RetiredToFish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just got in a little while ago from an evening on the river with BOC brother RetiredToFish.. (Garry).. I'm glad he didn't actually RetireToCatch or I would feel worse than I do..LOL.. It was a slow night on the Muskingum River for us. The channel cats weren't even cooperating in the logjams with cut shad and chicken livers. Garry did catch a solid 8 pound flathead at 9:40 this evening on a live green sunfish, on a 3-way rig on bottom in 7.6ft. of water. We had a few other short runs, but no takers on live baits. It was nice to meet up with him and talk some fishing... I honetly can guarentee a better outing next time Garry, simply because we can't do any worse.:smile2: thanks for coming over to fish tonight, and look forward to the next trip out with you.....rollo

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good to see you two had a good time,well with the talking anyway,lol

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The fellowship sometimes is worth more then catching fish

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Should have used hotdogs:smile2::wink:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Glad you all got together, being with friends is what its all about. The fish are just a bonus.
    Thanks for sharing!!!:wink::big_smile:

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Like John said the fish are just a bonus,wish you would have caught a few more though. But like I told my wife last night thats why they call it fishin and not catchin!:eek:oooh::big_smile:

7. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio

And just when we thougt it was safe to go back in the water...here comes Ryang with the hotdogs again!

:wink:

That's so cool that you two got together to fish, especially after Garry's last outing alone!

8. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I want to thank Jason for the outing last evening ... evan though the events that have followed make our outing quite anticlimatic .... Thought I would post a photo of my FIRST Flathead ... it wasn't the largest, but it was wonderful to catch the first one ... Garry-

Attached Files:

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrtas on your first Garry, hope there is many more to follow.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats Garry on the first flathead. Thats not bad at all for a first. Sounds like a great time. I like to fish with new friends, there is alot more to talk about.

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Congrats on the first flat Garry. I'm sure there will be many more in the future.

12. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    First flat ever or first this year? Either way congrats and I bet you guys had fun. Is the river still really high? Went up to Troy again and the GMR is about 2-3 feet higher than last weekend. Will post in my own thread and once again glad to hear of a couple brothers getting together. Been trying to get together with SilverMark but we haven't managed to cross paths yet this year and with the GMR so high, looks like it may be a bit longer.

13. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Thank you .... First Flat ever .... didn't have them in Florida where I have been for the last 30 years ..... Had a great time ...... Garry-:big_smile:

14. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Holy smokes, I guess a celebration is in order! Way to go bro!

15. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    congrats on your first ever flattie thats a nice start

16. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    Sprayed with WD-40

17. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Garry,
    I'm not sure if it should be congrats or condolences!!!!:crazy: once you catch that first one, the flathead fever will never go away. I still like to catch a nice channel, but they are just not the same anymore.:wink:

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congratulations Garry. I think that Flathead was just the right size any bigger and it might have pulled you out of the boat! lol :tounge_out::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

19. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Congrats on your first flathead Garry, glad to see some brothers helping each other out!!

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Keep you chins up guys! It's getting tough everywhere, even in eastern PA.