Fishing with my little 6 year old Cousin again.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Apr 14, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I took my little Cousin fishing again, we went down to the river close to my house for the Hickory, and American Shad. Well the shad weren't biting hardly at all, we fished probably 5 hour's. I got one small Hickory Shad, and lost a couple big Hickory Shad.....then I got a small Striper that was a great fight on my little ultralight pole that was rigged for shad fishing. My cousin only ended up catching one...and that was a White Perch, but he had a great time and that's really all that matter's. I will be taking him again tommorow morning, and will take more picture's.

Here's some picture's for now.

Zakk:)

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    A couple more picture's, second one is my cousin's fish....the white perch.

Attached Files:

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm taking him again right now.....will take some more pciture's if he catches fish.

Zakk

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    This is one of the best fish that you NEVER caught,and you will remember it 50 years from now.I know,as I am 60.You are also collecting the memories that will make your life worth living.You have the raw material and the start to being a good man.I have a grandson your age.I hope his friends are like you,You make a old man feel good.God bless you and keep it up.peewee-williams

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's, you're right! Not only does taking a kid fishing make the kid feel good and make them get excited, it also make's you get a great feeling inside when you see them full of joy from reeling a fish in!

We had a great time this morning, the fish weren't biting too great though. I'm gonna try a different spot later and I hope my little cousin can come again.

He did catch 2 Hickory Shad, I threw the lure and then when I hooked a shad I gave the pole to him. Here's the picture.:)

Attached Files:

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Zakk,

Those are some nice photos. :thumbsup:

P.S.:

That shirt that you have on in the photos is just like the one that I have (LOL:lol: )

Take it Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's Bert, I guess we got good style because those shirt's are "In"....lol:cool:

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    You got that right Buddy! :big_smile_2:

Later,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

9. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Cool Keep Em Coming!

10. kycatman

kycatman New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Its a good thing that you have the opportunity to introduce a young kid to the wonderful sport of fishing.

Keep em coming.

11. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Way to go. That'll start a seed in him that hopefully will stay with him all his life. I know you'll remember it forever.

I take my 6 year-old son all the time. He loves it (as long as we're catching something).;)

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's what I like to see! Someone taught you, now you teach him. Like Pee Wee said, someday those fish you never caught will be some of the best memories both of you have. Me and Pee Wee and Bert and a lot of others are proud of you. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.:0a31: :worship:

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    You're a great uncle, Zakk :big_smile: And thanks for the photos!!!

14. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    Are you fishing in 11's? why would you do that?!

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks guys, can't wait to take him out in the new boat we got for some Bream fishing!:big_smile:

16. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    This is my granson gavin His father takes him fishing all the time .and everytime I get ready to go , he's climbing up into my truck and saying ,we going fishing , watch out Hooks Sharp!. haha. Pond full fishies LOL. and on and on ,you know what I mean. its great.

I cannot get enough of it. When he catchs his first cat you guys will be the first to see the pic of him with it .

Attached Files:

• #10.JPG
      #10.JPG
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
  17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm glad to hear he likes to fish like that man. Keep taking him and once he catches his first big cat he will be hooked for good.

Good job,

Zakk