Fishing with Kyleco55 WRBC and even BNT55

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Flootie16, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Part 1-Alright. kyle called me at 4 am saying he was almost to aurora. so i climbed out of bed and fought the horrible river fog all the way to tanners creek. as i am waiting for them i rig up my rods with heavier weights for drifting. and as i am doing this, my favorite ugly stick slides over from where it was proped up and busted the tip eye out. man i was POed but luckily i keep a spare rod just for that :big_smile:. So kyle and shane get there and we head out in the shut out fog. i called my buddy who runs the tug there at tanners and ask him to let me know any barge traffic. so at 5 am after getting a few tiny skips we start our drift. we get quite a few small bites and i failed on a hookup. Then kyle catchs a 17 pound blue. So we keep on drifting getting small bites but no hammers and zero hookups. around 730 shane lands about a 5 pound blue. ABout ten minutes later he catches another 17 pound blue. and then we drift around a little longer and shane catches a 14 pound blue. so 4 fish around 930. we fish a little longer because kyle has to leave at 10 am to get home. a few small bites but no hook ups. So we call it a day. And on our way in. we run into BNT 55 who is crappie fishing and he invites me to come out. So i put my boat on the trailer and thank shane and kyle for comming and then i go crappie fishing....Shane has all the pics. I dont. And oh, i didnt catch a fish. but was nice seeing those guys catch some decent ones :roll_eyes:

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Part 2- So i go crappie fishing with Bill (BNT55) after quite a while and not one bite, i talk bill into going catfishing. So he takes me back to get my boat. and then i meet him at petersburg across the river after he put his boat on trailer. And we go and catch more bait because Kyle took all of my bait home to freeze. :angry: So anyways Bill and I start our drift around 1. The bite was slow. And I was like man I told Bill I can catch fish anytime and here I am not catching one. Then my rod on the front of the boat doubles over. i grab it and start the fight and land the biggest fish of the day. a 21 pound blue. We drift around a while longer until around 4 and bill catches 2 smaller fish and he has to go in so his wife can go to work. So then I finally start fishing by myself. its around 5. i drifted further down river and started catching a few fish in shallow water. They were real spotty and the biggest one was maybe ten pounds. So i decide to call it a night but decide to run one more drift line. And i go up to where it all started and start my final line. Its a dead line much like the whole day was. And i was sitting there being bored playing with my camera in my cell phone when I look up and my ugly stick tiger is doubled over in my dual action monster rod holder and its just bouncing away. So i stand up to grab it and before i do i had to take a picture. So i got a picture of that and then caught the fish which happened to be a 15 pound blue. Then I caught one more channel and said enough was enough and went home. All together I believe between the 4 of us, 13 fish was caught. So it wasnt too bad at all. I have a picture of my 21 pound blue from my phone. and a picture of the rod loaded up in the monster rod holder. all the other pics has to come from shane cuz they are on his camera. And oh yeah as shane is standing on the front of the boat with one of his big fish my heavy action ugly on the front of the boat doubled over almost ripping the monster off the boat! but before shane could move the fish was gone! lucky me i didnt lose my rod holder! and the rod....:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

3. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounded like you had a long day bud. Nice pic of the rod loaded up thats a good lookin site to see. I can't believe you'll didn't catch no crappie. I don't know whats goin on with them, last september i loaded my freezer with em but i haven't fished for them much this month.

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    nice pics thanks for sharing

5. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I have just the thing for you now Flootie!!!!:wink:

Great report. Sounds like you had a pretty good time. I'm going out all day tomm. so wish us luck.

6. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Of course Flootie forgets to mention where all the awesome shad bait came from....well it was my castnet!:roll_eyes: As far as the crappie go I am guessing the muddy water had something to do with the poor fishing conditions. However it was made up for by catching some cats and watching Flootie16 reel in the 21 lber. All in all a real fun day and somewhat educational....ok,ok I did learn about the importance of using a good rod holder. Thanks for taking me out Steve and next time we crappie fish...I 'll bring the slip bobbers :smile2:, Lucy says your welcome in the boat anytime.

Bill

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill you forgot to mention that my fish didnt come on a shad. :smile2:

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im sure you do! lol Dont worry Jeremy Team MadKat will have nothing but your rods on our boat for next years fishing season no matter what. And I promise you that when I start fishing Cabellas your rod will be the only rod seen on the boat. And thats a fact. :big_smile: If I get over this fever Ive been running since last night Id be doing it tomorrow but something tells me I caught the flu!:crazy::angry:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Enjoyable read. WTG.

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here are a few of the fish we caught down on the Ohio.. And yes.. Steve was SKUNKED!!:smile2::crazy:

He made up for it with that 21#er though

Attached Files:

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey after you left i caught some fish! even the biggest one of the day! ask bill bnt55 he saw it! And guys in that middle picture shane put up my rod was doubled over at that time. lol

12. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    This pic shows a little something I learned from the Catfish Cowboy ( BNorth )LOL:smile2:

I caught this blue in the coner of his mouth with a gamma circle but just to secure the hook set i lassoed it around its mouth... check out the mark.. it went all the way around in a perfect circle..:smile2:

Attached Files:

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I still dont see how it didnt hook itself... That was the hardest hit of the day while we were there..

14. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i use mono.....and after a long talk one night with steve douglas about line stretching....id say thats why. gotta get to bass pro to get braided! and oh yeah i was thinking of fishing madison today so i went and got bait last night and decided to fish a lil bit and i was flipping about a 10 pound drum into the boat and one of my white rods snapped! so i was pissed that i have broke two rods in two trips so i didnt go to madison! now i have two rods i have to replace!

Jeremy.....I know...........:big_smile:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  15. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Awww man that sucks... was it a fish or a mistake by you.. or what?

16. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my mistake...i knew not to flip him. but was pissed it was my fifth drum over 10 pounds so i flipped him. and instead of putting him down on the boat i held him the air waiting for him to swing to me to get the hook out and bam! it broke. so i took the fish off the hook and hurled him as far as i could!

17. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    No that's not fair:wink:!!! Drum have a special place in my heart:sweat:. hahaha Broken rods suck. At least you did it with a fish. I have broken two this summer. Stepped on one, and shut one in a truck door.

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    At least you have the mighty ugly stick!!:wink:

19. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It was actually dads rod that i broke last night. and he wasnt the least bit mad when i told him a lil while ago. he was like well thank god weve already promised jeremy that we would have his rods on our boat next year or might be mad. and he was like oh well it was just fifty bucks. MUST BE NICE! :smile2: But i did notice the rod tip will fit on the ugly stick which tip i broke out a few days ago....:big_smile:

20. Beacher

Beacher New Member

State:
    indiana
    ITS AN OMEN!!!!!!!