Fishing with a boc member

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by baitchunker, Oct 12, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well, i went fishing with chris AKA cumberlandcat last night.

i have to say i was pretty nervous, the guys got a freakin' giant blue in his avatar.
    i guess, he was down in gulf shores on vacation from tenn. and i figured i could put him on a few fish. it all went wrong from the jump when i gave him bad directions, and the poor guy had to drive all the way to florida to turn around.
    i have to say i have a lot of respect for chris, to go fishing with a couple of strangers in alabama (i had one of my drinking buddies with me who is a lil rough around the edges to put it mildly). we did end up catching a few nice redfish, they were not huge bull's or anything. but they were at the top of the slot, 25.5 26 inches about 6.5 7 #'s. i was hoping for some monsters, but thats why its fishing and not catching.
    about dark we pulled the boat in and trailered a lil' farther down the bay to fish for some speckled trout under the lights. we didnt catch any specks, but between the 3 of us we cought about 40-50 white trout, and chris cought a nice eating sized flounder. all in all it was a good night.
    i had trouble concentrating on the fish at hand, because i was constantly drilling him with questions about big cats and strategies to catch them. i am pretty well convinced after talking with him, that i should be using bigger bait, which i have read b4 but it never sank in. also i really like light tackle and line about 10-15# test, after talking to him i am going to have to upgrade for the big boys.
    it was a heck of an experience for my first time fishing with a fellow brother. i really enjoyed it, chris was a pretty kool dude.

j.d.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Did ya bring the banjos. LOL! Thanx for sharein.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    no banjos but, i am sure he was worried when he saw us 2 giant goofy rednecks.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like a fun trip and other than directions lol you done a fine job hosting a BOC brother. Sounds like you both had a good time and also learned from each other. I'll get down that way one of these years, i'd really like to do some of that type of fishing. Thanks for sharing the trip with this fellow red neck.

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I must say baitchunkers a cool guy, he did all and more to put me on some fish. I can't wait to get out there next year I may have to bring my boat. I pulled up, all my clothes were covered in fish slim from fishing the week before and I wasn't wearing my usual boots and jeans needless to say I felt felt like a city boy/ little B@#@# in flip flops and kakis, but I walk up and heres to giant marines, didn't know what to expect but we hit the water and got on some reds right off the bat. He offered to go and try for some specks, so we loaded up and hit the road, I had a great time I think I caught 23 or 26 trout can't remember but it was a ball. I caught my first flounder too. I am glad I drove to florida and then back to the launch:smile2: it was worth my time. I want to say thanks to JD for taking me out. And when he's ready to drive up I am going to put him on some cats if he can handle em. He may have to get a rod for a few bigguns though