FISHING WITH A BOC MEMBER

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Moose1, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    LAST FRIDAY I MET UP WITH robJmiller,WHO IS A BOC MEMBER AND HIS BEST FRIEND DAVE HOOPER. WE TOOK MY BOAT AND HEADED TO THE OHIO RIVER FOR SOME CATFISHING.IT WAS WARM AND MUGGY OUT,NO BUGS,CLEAR SKY. ROB BROUGHT THE LVE AND CUT BAIT FOR THE NIGHT. ROB PICKED A SPOT TO FISH,ABOUT 35-38 FOOT DEEP.
    WELL ALONG ABOUT 11:00 P.M. THEY STARTED TO HIT . WE CAUGHT 15 FLATS BETWEEN 1.5 LBS TO 7.5 LBS AND ONE BLUE THAT WAS 7LBS. I HAD ONE OF THE BEST TIMES FISHING WITH THESE TWO GUYS THAT YOU COULD HAVE. GOOD CONVERSATIONS ,CUTTING UP.
    AND ROB SHARED A LOT OF INTERRESTING INFO ON DO'S AND DON'TS OF FISHING FOR THE FLATS ON THE OLE OHIO RIVER. IF YOU EVER GET A CHANCE TO PUT A TRIP TO GETHER WITH ROB,AND DAVE . YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THESE GOOD OLE BOYS .
    THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THE STORY WITH YOU ALL.

IF YOU GET A CHANCE ASK ROBJMILLER HOW TO GET LOST IN THE FOG.:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::smile2:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    We can get some thick fog here at times also. Would hate to have an emergency when its really boiling.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The best where in the hell am I at moment in my life was due to fog.

It was soup thick fog one morning. Put on the water and couldn't even see my bow light from the driver's seat.
    No problem. Put my contour map on my knee and followed the channels on the depth finder. This lake has a million pockets and coves, creeks, etc.

Yep I'm there, this is where I want to fish. Still cant see nothing.

When it burned off I didn't have a clue where I was. Never been to that part of the lake before.:big_smile: To this day I don't know where exactly I was. I had to do some riding around to figure it out.

4. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    WELL IF THERE HADN'T BEEN A TRAIN PARKED ALONG THE SHORE AND BLOWING OFF AIR.WE WOULD BEEN IN DEEP CHIT.
    BY HEARING THE AIR SOUNDS,WE KNEW WHAT DIRECTION TO GO TO FIND SHORE.WHEN WE GOT CLOSE TO WHERE THE BOAT RAMP SHOULD BE , THE SPOT LIGHT QUIT,(WEIRING PROBLEM) SO WE PARKED AND WAITED FOR DAYLIGHT.
    THAT DOSE GET A LITTLE SCARY NOT KNOWING WHERE U ARE OR WHAT DIRECTION YOUR GOING.:eek:oooh::crazy:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Rodger glad to hear you all had a great time! Always nice to meet up with members of the BOC. Congrats on the catch!

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There are lots of good times made with BOC brothers. I've met several in my area and we fish together every tuesday night. Congrats on a great fishing trip.:cool2:

One time while I was running down the cumberland in pre-dawn conditions, the fog was so thick I was running bout half speed. Just hopin I wouldn't hit anything. We came around a corner in the river channel and almost ran right into a barge! Just barely had time to shut her down and swerve before colliding. :crazy:

Another time, same foggy pre-dawn conditions, Ran over a huge underwater log, tore up my lower unit, threw a buddy into the walk through windsheild, cut him up pretty bad. No more boats since that day. I do all my fishing from the banks now-a-days, but we still have a blast and manage to catcha good one every once in a while.:embarassed:

Some would say, I should've slowed down in those conditions.....but back then I only had one speed---wide open! I was going fishin at my favorite spot and was pushing to be first on the scene. We'd been catching 30 lb stripers pretty regular and I had the fever BAD! Now days I still have only one speed, but it is 4w-drive slow. I'm not in such a big hurry these days.:wink:

7. robjmiller

robjmiller New Member

State:
    Irondale ohio
    well guys it is very easy to get lost in the fog just let moose do the driving :wink:

8. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    maybe someone should start a thread for hooking up with other members close by to fish with, if there isn't one already. and yes that fog be a nightmare

9. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A SUGGESTION... IF EVERYONE WOULD POST A CITY ALONG WITH THE STATE UNDER LOCATION ,UNDER YOUR AVATAR. THEN YOU COULD READ WHERE THIS PERSON LIVES AND THINK HEY I COULD CONTACT THIS PERSON AND SEE IF THEY WANT TO MEET FOR FISHING TRIP...

JUST A THOUGHT
    FOGIE MOOSE

10. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO

ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY MY DRIVEING GOT US LOST???:eek:oooh::confused2::cool2::smile2:
    YOU CAN DRIVE THE NEXT TIME......:crazy::crazy:
    JUST MAKE SURE DAVE BRINGS HIS EAR'S:smile2::smile2:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois

12. hankgava

hankgava New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sounds like you had a good night! Hey Moose I grew up on the Ohio just south of you in Tiltonsville. I worked in Steubenville for 18 years. I moved to Zanesville 11 years ago. The Muskingum River is ok, but certainly not as good as the Ohio.

Hank

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009