Fishing with a BOC brother from another state

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattracker16, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    well here a few weeks back Gofish (joe) made a post in the iowa section looking for someone to gofishing with in the muscatine area when he came into town. well heck i live 15 min from muscatine so i PM'd joe let him know i lived fairly close to muscatine.. mind you joe is from mississippi, a true southern fella.. well we did go out fishing wendsday, we had a blast him telling me "his lies" lol j/k joe.. and me telling him my true stories :big_smile: any ways ole joe is a fish catching fool he out fished me by 3 (fishing from the bank) And the matter of the fact that remains is that we had a great time.. i let him use all my fishing equipment (he didn't bring any with him he flew in) it jus so happens that i bought this danny king rod from another boc member and had yet to catch any fish with it.. ole joe broke it in for me.. Thanks for a great time joe hope you come to town again.. and thanks to the BOC for the brotherhood it is..

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great story Ken. Hope I get the same opportunity someday but, who wants to come to Joisey! LOL!

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good story for sure. I have fished with a couple BOC brothers so far,

Big Country01, from Florida, a great guy.

BigBlaze from NC, also a great guy.

Plan on fishing with many more this summer, I think I'll get to fish with Barb (Cattledogz) this week if she's still coming down.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I know what you mean! Fishing with the brothers and sisters of the BOC, is like fishing with someone you have known all your life. Talking to them and getting to know them through their posts is a great medium for this. I have fished with some of the finest people from the BOC, and DH too, LOL!!! J/K DH is actually a great guy and anyone that gets to fish with him is a lucky fellow!!!
    Anyone that gets the opprotunity to fish with a member of the board, will be glad they did. I know I wouldn't trade those trips and experiences for anything.

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I havn't had the chance to fish with or meet anyone from the BOC. But hopefuly I will meet alot of Brothers & Sisters at the National Gathering.

6. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Did Ya'll hear that? Old JW really do have a heart, He said something nice about DH. How about that. just kidding JW. It is good to fish and shair times with our brothers. ACE and I hit the lakes when we can.........

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Ain't it great. I've only gotten to fish with 1 brother so far and you are exactly right. I wouldn't have believed until I experienced it myself.

ST

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    We've been lucky. There are several members that live here, all fairly close. We've had our own little local "fun" tournament & got to meet up with everybody. We had a blast. And we're planning on meeting again in a few months at the Red River. We're gonna rent some cabins, have supper, & just sit & visit. You're right; when you talk to each other on here, you really feel like you know them already. My husband has fished with a couple of the guys. And they give us tips on where to go, what bait to try, etc. They are the greatest bunch of men & women. If it hadn't been for the BOC, we never would have found them. Thanks, BOC!!!

9. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I know what you mean george. kinda like who wants to come to iowa.. we atleast have the mighty mississippi to fish in.. And george if you want to come to iowa let me know i'll come and get you and take you fishing on that there mississippi river.

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry George,
    I'd love to fish with ya but I have a cousin (more like a brother) in Jersey. He is a fishing fool just like his dad. Last year he was telling me about a "Huge" catfish he caught up there. When I asked how much it weighed, he said 5#. I told him we use bait that weighs more than that here. LOL I guess that's why I don't see many catfishermen from Maine here. They have great fishing up there but a big catfish is about 3# in Maine. Now if ya want to come to Va., I can hook ya up. You bring the Philly Cheese Steak and Grinders, I'll take care of the rest!

11. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Glad all had fun and came out safe. always nice to hear a brother meeting a brother.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post, always nice to fish with a BOC brother whenever possible. Glad you got the oppertunity.

13. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this. Yep, I was up in yankeeville and got to go fishin with Kenny. He was a most gracious host and one of the best BSers I have ever met! We grabbed a couple of sandwiches and some cold drinks and set up on the bank of the Big Muddy. It's a little different in Iowa than in Mississippi....the river that is. Well, they talk a little funny up there too...:wink: Anyhoo, Kenny supplied everything we needed: transportation, fishing gear and tackle, bait, lawn chairs, everything! I was impressed! We got to fishin and shootin the stuff an hour or so before dark. The bite was steady and we caught several fish. The problem was, most of 'em were drum :crazy: Still, we were having a great time and even bragging about who was catchin the most. It stayed close to even most of the night and then, I started pullin away. Kenny was a great sport about it though and only made me walk about half way back to the hotel...:lol: No, we both laughed and joked and cut up as though we had known each other since childhood. I had a great time. I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet a fellow BOC member! I'm not surprised at the reception or the comaraderie shown by Kenny because it has been much the same as the other BOC members I have met. That's what we are all about!

Thank you Kenny for taking me and sharing with me. If you ever make it down to where the rednecks dwell, I'll certainly return the favor. If anyone ever has the opportunity to fish with a fellow member, please do so! It's like meeting family you didn't know you had!

14. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good post guys, i also got to fish with a boc brother, it was the first for both of us to fish with a boc brother. same here had a blast and made a fishing buddy. this is a great site and hope to fish with more bros from the boc.