Fishing Wilamena Lake

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by poisonpits, Mar 22, 2007.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    well guys i went fishing at wilimena lake yesterday.used new method that top told me about.floated noodles out to the fish cages.using skips for bait.had three good fish on felt like monsters.all three got me tangled in the cages and broke off.all i need now is a way to keep them from getting in the cages.while waiting for cats hybreds started scooling 10 ft off bank.caught 11 from 3 to 6lbs.best day in a long time.top thanks on the info. about how to build them noodles.reps to you.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am glad to hear that they worked. I used them at the dam when the Generators are running. There are no limit to the amount of weight that can be used when the noodles are used as floats.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Way to go johnnie Get them Bro:big_smile:

4. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    went to wilimena again today lost 2 more good fish to the cages.cought 6 hybreds 1 on a chunk of skipjach big as a tennis ball.weighed about 7 to 8 lbs.my son and i are going again tommorow.maybe ill get 1 to the bank this time.

5. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    View attachment 22813 hey guys i went to wilimena lake again today.had 8 on broke off 3 lost 4 and got this one to the bank.46 lbs.my best on rod and reel.had 2 game and fish boys help me land it.their net was to small had to use my hand.check out the picture.thanks top for the instructions on how to build the noodles.this one is on you thanks again.

Attached Files:

6. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    little add on.the weight is an estamate.one bathroom scale said 61 lbs but my cotton scales said 46 so i just said 46.thats big enough for me right now.but after this its on.lol.the fish was 41 inches long and had a girth of 32 1/2 inches.it was released back in to its home waters.couldnt see eating my first 40.

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Using this weight calculator it weighed 55.5 pounds.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Way to go Johnnie, I knew you could do it. Keep The reports coming!!!

9. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Awsome fish John.Thanks for sharing pictures.

10. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    went again this afternoon for about 2 1/2 hours.had 2 runs lost both fish.one of them took 150 tds. of power pro 65 lb. when it got to the 30 lb,mono backing it broke me off.gotta get 85 lb.powerpro.fixing to order me some circle hooks in the morning.if i ever figure out how to get them fish out of this cable grave yard you guys are gonna get tired of seeing my picture on here.see you later.