Fishing while drinking, Mandatory?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by crayzeecade, Jun 25, 2006.

1. I have this question for anyone that can legally drink beer. I have never tackled a topic like this one because it seems that it just comes naturally for any fisherman. Why is it so compelling for fisherman to pick up a cold brew while fishing? I just would like to put this topic to rest and put it in my archives for the future fishermen.

Also if you are among that elite group who like to enjoy a cold one while drowning some bait then please speak up and let everyone know what kind of brew you enjoy.

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey bro, I think Aaron and I pretty much stick to water, gatorade, maybe a soda while fishing. We then save the beer drinking when we get back and out of the heat. Man, I got heat exhaustion last summer, when TA2D and I was on the river all day. It hit me in the evening, and I passed out on the couch of my parents place. Allways drink water. How's Cali?

Suds

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I like coffee while I fish causeI usually have to drive home. Unless I fish next to the house, then it's red wine. I can always stagger the 50 yards back to the house.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

its water and gatoraid for most of my trips but never beer. I have two vices my wife and eating I think the alcohol would just kill me to fast lol:eek:oooh:

5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    The purpose of drinking alchol is to make us relax or stimulate our taste buds, Alchol changes the way we feel and lowers our inhibitions. I fish and hunt to relax even once in a while I get real intence anout relaxing but I never did drink alchol while I hunt or fish. Just a bad combination.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

6. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Personally I dont need alcohol while Im fishing to help me relax while fishing, just being out in the great outdoors is enough of a stimulant for me, besides I might get tipsy and go swimming with the fish LOL!

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ion't rink alcohol while fihing ohunting orwrking onlu while at the keyboard.
    Ihae a hard enough time being sfe sober. HICUP snort far t sneeze cough
    but I do smoke cigarettes while fishing and driving.

8. BIG JAKE

BIG JAKE New Member

Is the question, drinking while fishing or fishing while drinking? There is a big difference.

9. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I haven't drunk any alcohol in 20 years, but when I did drink, I never had any desire to do it while fishing. Just two different activities that didn't mix.

10. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Haen't had a drink in 23 years. Used to think I had to drink because you couldn't be a man unless you did. Peer presure. Finally figure it out. Man do I miss those hangovers, ya right. DP tastes much better and I feel much better. Not against anyone having a drink. It's just not for me.

11. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    If I'm fishing in the boat no drinking!! If I'm on the shore and just out taking it easy and have someone to drive! I enjoy black Velvet and falling down LOL

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I take 4 MGD's with me 2 Dr. Peppers and 2 bottles of water. I like to have a beer when I fish because I am relaxing. The problem I have is the beer gets hot because I am pan fishing and cat fishing at the same time. When I fish in the fall and the water is cold no beer.
    Bill

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    DrPepper is about as heavy as it gets for the last 22yrs, LOL!!
    I will not allow alcohol on my boat, because the two just don't mix well. We have far to many drunks driving boats these days, which makes for a dangerous combination for everyone around them.

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I get tired of sitting in complete darkness waiting for a bait click to go off while twiddling my thumbs. Yep I'll drink a few beers and chew a little tobacco.

15. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I go catfishing to relax! I don't touch alcohol and can't stand a drunk but whatever it takes. Have fun.

16. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Don't do it while I am around the water. Lost my best friend to water and alcohol. It doesn't mix. Being on or around the water is hazard enough, it doesn't need any multipliers. And I support any fines or sentences levied. People are killed every year by drunk boaters. I do not want me or my family to be one of the victims. You have to ask yourself, do you drink and drive? Isn't this essentially the same thing. I know I do not. I pick up a beer, I do not touch the keys. There are enough unsafe people, idiots I like to call them, on the water as it is. I drink my beer at home while cleaning fish, and my choice is Heinken.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    FWMUD!!!! Hey there is someone that likes those sissy Heineys like you!:big_smile:

18. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Nothing wrong with a few snorts of good old Black Velvet and a Bud Light if your not driving, lol. :005:

Buddah, having a few drinks to relax don't make you a drunk. :roll_eyes:

19. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I don't mind having a brew once in a while but, from recent experience 3 Dos Equis and a steep and slick bank don't go together all that well!

Aaron

TA2D

20. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Your absolutly right! I wasnt calling any of you names or anything. I was thinking of my stepdad who gets so blind drunk that walking is an issue and guarding all my expensive poles from him. Watching him wind against the drag on my my St.Croix/Diawa certate...OUCH... Thats what I meant. I'm still drinking coffe this morning. My mother broke her pelvis last night on the boat dock while drinking so I was kinda venting.