Fishing Wheeler Lake

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Richard Vinson, May 17, 2008.

1. Richard Vinson

Richard Vinson New Member

State:
    Alabama
    wheeler has always had Big Blue cat, and i think the next record Blue will come from it's deep channel and sand bar's. I have fished here all my life and have a few good fish and a few fish tales of my own. I have a 58 lb channel that im proud of but also 2 Blues that toped bottomed out my 100 lb scales. I release everything i catch so that someone else can enjoy landing them one day or maybe myself. Is there anyone here that fishes Wheeler maybe we can show each other a new fishing hole:0a23:

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    RICHARD,

WELCOM TO THE BOC FROM SO. ALABAMA

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    welcome to the boc . i try to fish wheeler as much as i can and yes there are some big fish ,maybe we could catch up sometime and do some fishing .

4. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I live in arab about 10min from guntersville dam...where are you located at...

5. Richard Vinson

Richard Vinson New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hi i live in limestone co west of athens close to bronws ferry neucler plant. i have never fished guntersville dam might have to get together and and go sumtime:big_smile:

6. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey I fish wheeler all the time in the refuge area down county line but i never catch any fish. I use chicken livers and live bait both suspended under a bobber from the bank but i never have any luck. The spots i fish do hold cats because i have seen people catch a few there just not myself. I was told that a good method is to hook a fish head and cast it out with not weight or bobber and let it drift. It sounds ok to me so i am gonna try it.

7. fatcat_boo

fatcat_boo New Member

State:
    Alabama
    i fish that area alot down by the pump house and all around that area and its not been to good for me either here lately.

8. fugeman

fugeman New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I live in Hartselle and am always looking for a reason to go fishing. As soon as I get my posts in I will pm you and maybe we can get together sometime. I see that you are from Limestone County. My old stomping grounds.

9. fugeman

fugeman New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    They were running about a week ago down there at Rockhouse Road. A friend of mine had some noodles out and stayed purdy busy.

10. fatcat_boo

fatcat_boo New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Some noodles what you mean.

11. fugeman

fugeman New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    Instead of floating jugs they used them big swimming pool noodles and cut them up into sections and used them instead of jugs. I believe that he was fishing about 3 ft. deep.

12. Blue Hawg

Blue Hawg New Member

State:
    Decatur, Alabama
    The next world record blue is in your backyard.

13. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    amen brother it will happen soon

14. fastfrank

fastfrank New Member

State:
    Elgin, Alabama
    Hey Blue Hwag: It's about time for another 100.

15. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Hi, We're in IND. My wife's parents are from Ardmore AL/TN. We drive to Gulf Shores AL for Salt Water Fishing in June. I normally fish at Patoka Lake in So. IND. If you wish maybe we can hook up for some fishing.

16. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    hey richard would you give me some help for the tourney sat ?