Fishing Wednesday James March 14

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I can't stand it. Weather's nice, not blowing a gale. If you see a knucklehead fishing in a 16 foot Jon or struggleing solo with a gill net, that will be me. Launching from Deep Bottom after the kids get off to school around nine. I plan to fish until 2:00 pm so I can at least get a little work done. I have to do it now as my weekend is shot full of other obligations. Who else will be out there? Anyone want to go, give me an email at mkburn@aol.com. My boat is a lowe 16 so I only have room for one guest.

I will report my day good or bad!

2. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I will be up there saturday morning putting in at osborne landing. I also have a 16 ft lowes roughneck.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Didn't go, work got in the way. Going Saturday morning with mt brother. I don't know where yet. Maybe try shad downtown.

4. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Paraguayguy I will be there saturday morning with a buddy of mine. We will be launching from osborne landing and I think I have a good location on bait. Give me a call if you are up there---757-291-2832. Good luck. Also I will be fishing out of my 16 ft Lowes bass boat. Just put rod holders on it...

Pat

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I ended up trying shad downtown yesterday for a couple of hours at mid day. No luck but did catch a mess of eater size cats I gave to some folks fishing the wall by the boat ramp. Tomorrow is going to be cool and windy. I might not fish. Planning on hitting a pal's lake for silvers on Sunday after church.

6. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just checked the river on the way home from work.. I have a feeling it is going to be very high and muddy for a while.. has anyone had any success on the James in those conditions? Lower Jams...?

Thanks..

7. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well I am going to be up there tommorrow morning with a guy from work, We work on the water so here goes with the first try for cats in my boat on the James,

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    winds 20-30 forecast. Be careful.

9. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Wind was not that bad up above the 295 bridge. Hard to anchor with the wind and flood tide though. Will be back up there in a couple of weeks. Have to catch my fill of spec's from rude first. Need fish for the freezer.

10. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    What? You don't want to fill the freezer with Kepone Cats? How insulting!!!!:smile2: