Fishing Wateree In the Mornin - any reports on catfish or striper ?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nevets91, Nov 5, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    Hittin wateree in the mornin gonna try for cats and maybe some striper to.
    any one got any reports on the Striper? i havent tried for them since early spring. ill let ya know how it goes maybe ill get lucky

2. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have saw stripers scattered from june creek to horton cove while catfishn the cats are scattered catching alot of small blues and a few in the twenty pound range drifting in 18-25 ft

3. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks for the help man

4. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Could anyone help me out and let me know where yall are seeing gizzard shad at on the lake or at the dam?

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the gizzard shad seem to have gotten harder to find this last week or so but with a little looking for them in coves watch the surface for bigger shad pops i have been catching two to three doz at a time in beaver creek and near rochelle creek hope this is helpful if you need more info shoot me a pm i will help as much as possible:wink::wink:

6. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    SCcatfishin,a good many 6-8" gizzards right out in front of the pink flamingo/beaver creek and I caught a good many in clearwater cove,,dollar bill sized.White oak creek was full of small gizzards 3-4 in last friday.
    Stephen,,small baits are working best for the stripers.All methods seem to be working now,downrods,freelines and planerboards.If you dont get started real early,,lean towards the downrods.Saturday was the first time in a while that Ive caught fish on all 3 methods. sam

7. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    ok after alot of motor trouble this morning i got to fishing around ten.
    it took forever to find bait but once we found them it only took a few throws.
    we managed 1 cat today 3 or so pounds.:embarassed: nothin would go right today especially the wind. at least it was a day on the water but my blood pressure deffinatly went up a little :roll_eyes:

8. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    you will have those days were did you find your bait I caught shad in the same cove at rochelle creek again this evening

9. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i found my bait behind the bridge in taylors creek. i moved from june to there cuz i was gonna anchor out at the mouth since i couldnt get my motor running but i got it goin and drifted from the mouth of wateree creek to the mouth of taylor creek. i feel like if i coulda got my motor runnin at june and drifted down there i would have had a little better luck

10. Kevin G

Kevin G New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Crappie fisherman definately had better luck that day.