Fishing was Horrible! Great Trip!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Feb 12, 2009.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    There's more to fishing than catching fish :confused2: :roll_eyes:.

I am trying to be positive as I write this report because from a fishing standpoint, this was my worst trip in a long time. So let me tell what made it such a great trip.

A long time catfishin' buddy came down from Indiana to do some fishing on the TN River. His last trip was back in November 2007 and resulted in his new 51 pound PB. I was confident we would catch some big fish and maybe even beat his PB. The fishing was rough for us. In fact, it down right sucked. We managed to catch some fish though, with the big fish weighing 27 pounds.

First off, the weather couldn't have been any better this time of the year. It was simply beautiful. The wildlife was amazing this trip, possibly because of the waxing moon phase. We heard some of the most amazing, drawn-out coyote calls during the evenings leading up to the full moon. Most nights we enjoyed a raucous of Barred Owl calls as we sat by the fire. During the day we watched Kingfishers dive after Threadfin and Ring-billed Gulls feed off surface debris... including our discarded cut bait! Thanks to the warm weather, we were treated to the soothing calls of Chorus frogs. We had plenty of other things to watch, as we sure as heck weren't wearing the fish out :smile2:.

Overall, we had a great trip. My friend said that the trip was very therapeutic for him and that he had a wonderful time regardless of the fishing. In the end, that's all that matters.

Attached Files:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hell, that don't sound like a bad trip. Ain't you ever been skunked? I have.:smile2:

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I forgot to include that this was four full days on the water. We had high hopes... but yeah, I've been skunked before! :smile2:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I guess the fishing was indeed a tad s-l-o-w for a four day trip. Still nice to be out but if the fish are biting it sho is better. Thanks for posting. I haven't even been out in 5 months.:eek:oooh:

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like the TN River has you spoiled too :wink::smile2:. At least you caught somethin', it always coulda been worse. I'm sure you'll be back on the hawgs next time, and congrats for makin' the best of it anyway!

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Thanks for the post, and the nice pics,,, keeps the interest goin!!!!!:smile2:

7. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Whats that your holding,a blue with a basketball shoved down his throat.That is amazing,that just aint right!!!! :smile2::smile2:

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Marc,
    Even though I want to catch a lot of fish each & every time I'm out on the water - Having:
    "Peace of mind", "Having fun while do so" & "R & R"(Rest & Relaxation)
    is what it's all about Buddy. :0a23:
    :wink:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Where was Tricia at? :0a28: She would have showed you guys how to catch the hawgs! :wink: :smile2:

10. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Too bad you didn't get that monster cat but sometimes it is just good to be outside.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    If catching that big blue constitutes a bad trip, I'll be happy to accompany you on any of those "bad" trips with ya!

Must have been a different scene than "Michiana:wink:

12. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Thanks for the report Buddy,
    Ive been wondering how you guys did up there this week, I kept a eye out for you tuesday when I was down there "got blown off the water' but never saw you, :roll_eyes:
    Its been a tough week up ther for sure, I have been three times this week with only limited fish myself...:wink:
    Good company makes a slow trip a lot more fun.
    Puddle

13. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I feel your pain Marc...they'll turn back on soon I hope...a bad few days of fishing beats working everytime:wink::wink::wink:

14. SHE-CAT

SHE-CAT New Member

State:
    Dallas, Georgia

You are darn right! He will learn!

15. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Marc those are some nice fish.

16. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Still sounds like a good trip Marc, thanks for the report. I am pretty superstitious and would probably not leave my lucky charm at home next time. (you know just in case) Sounds like every time you bring Tricia the fish seem to bite. I am sure your lucky charm is a lot more pleasant to be around than me and my belief of not showering when I get on the fish.:smile2: