Fishing w/ the katbobber

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by tomcat85, Jan 10, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Whenever you guys fish with the katbobber do you put enough weight under it so it stands straight up? I was wondering how much weight you would used for the 2", 3", and 4" kat bobbers any tips would be great thank you!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think the big ones had up to 9 ounces of weight on them and still stayed above water. check out his website he had some of the info you are asking about already posted there. you can find the link under the sponsers area

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks benji i i know it says something about the 5" ones but i have to order some new egg sinkers and im trying to get a size that will work for all. I dont have too much money to spend lol. im sure ill figure it out.

4. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    No mater what size, I use 3 oz no-roll sinker and it seems to do the job quit well. Use the Smallist amount that you can, for the katbober design help set the hook if the fish can pull it under the surface of the water. I have found that if you are fishing Flatheads use a 1 oz weight on a 5 in katbober work quit well.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks Robert so when you use the Kat bobber you don't use enough weight to stand it straight up? I just thought thats what i would do but if it is effective without standind straight up that sounds good to me! I was going to get some 2oz egg sinkers.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I use a 1 to 2 oz. egg sinker on mine, there 4" bobbers also.
    I do have a big perch or shad also on there and they stand up fine. I really don't think it would matter though even if there not standing up as they will right before they go under when a fish takes it.

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks. i've never fished with a whole gill before. i usually use cutbait hopefully that'll work too. Thanks for the help.

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I just placed an order for some Kat Bobbers. Can't wait to try em out!

9. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    3oz egg sinker on a 4in kat bobber is the perfect set up to me for live bait. I prefere if half the bobber is submerged when floating. I think there is less of a chance of your bait being ripped off if there is less resistance to take the bobber under.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Look out Baldwin Lake. Here you come. They will be lots a flooting around the warm water discharge. Good Luck and let us know of the Kat Bobber results.:smile2:

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks, Michael. I would love to go this weekend, but I have an all day wrestling tournament tomorrow and family stuff/Superbowl Sunday. Next Sunday I plan to go to Baldwin and float some shad and bluegill by the warm water discharge. Hope to catch a nice cat (or striper!) or two. I will post results.

12. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    I just ordered some Katbobbers and I was wondering if it works like a jugline (in which the hook sets itself from the jug going back up after being pulled down) or if I would need to set the hook like normal?

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I use whatever is on my rod at the time I decide to put on a bobber. You need just enough weight so that the line travels through the hole to your stopknot. The 4 inch can be taken down by a 5-6 lb fish. This ain't like bluegill fishin where you see it jiggle and wonder if you should pull.... or wait.... or pull..... They will either pull it to the side and down like a nukuler Bush sub, or it will be a now you see it, now you don't sensation. It can be a blast!