Fishing Updates

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I know that it is hunting season....but does anyone have any fishing updates of anykind? Just curious to know what has been going on. As for me I will be hitting some wintering holes on the Des MOines river this sunday...I will keep you posted.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Haven't been out The last fue weeks,I put the boat up till spring and been working a whole lot of hours at work. And have been haveing cat withdrawals,Got to go get me a fix!! The ramps on the Missouri are in Bad shape with the River Level being so low. I don't think i could get the Lund launched without tearing something up.So Heres the Plan I think I will go to the New cabelas in Omaha and Buy Me something to Make me Feel better, And it shure helps to have the BOC. and all My Friends to get Me through. Gool Luck this Weekend! Your Friend J.D.
    :0a18:

3. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Good luck tomorrow Todd, I got out for a few hours today . Weather was wonderful but the fish weren't hungry. It was just great to get out there again.

4. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I managed to make it out Sunday like I planned. It was by far a very very bad day for fishing. It was a great day to be outside but a bad day as far as the bite goes. I managed to catch 2 dinks...I mean dinks, like 4 and 5 inches long. I cant' remember how long it has been since I have caught a channel cat that small. I can't even really remember how long it has been since I have caught a channel cat that still had spots on it....not good! But all in all it still was a nice day for weather unlike the weather that is suppose to be on its way in a few days:sad2:

I was using fresh cut shad and fishing in 18 feet of water when I caught these and I got skunked at every other depth, 4 ft, 8 ft, 12 ft and 22 ft.

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have`t been able to go but will soon as i can probaly park fishing too start:tounge_out:

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    thats too bad...i tried fishing last week and didn't get a bite either in around the des moines area. i might just hang up the rods for a while and load up on some gear.