Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know what is going on here. Fishing was terrible in may then picked up a bit late July now in the pot again. Found a new spot on the river I'm thinking should hold them, deep water, like a lake out there. Temp in the 40's in the evening and no luck at all. Tried a few days early evening, about 5pm to 7pm, no luck. Have even switched around bait, nothing! I've watched you tube videos of guy's fishing with bunch of snow on the ground and catching them, doesn't seem to work here. Maybe I just need to wait for snow? Got three a couple weeks ago and not a thing since. Going about three times a week. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,258 Posts
Maybe try some dark shallow mudflats. 2 to 4 foot deep. Close to deeper holes, brush, weeds, or rocks. Then do that on a warm sunshine day.

Kinda follow the bait. If the bait fish are there feeding then so will the channels.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe try some dark shallow mudflats. 2 to 4 foot deep. Close to deeper holes, brush, weeds, or rocks. Then do that on a warm sunshine day.

Kinda follow the bait. If the bait fish are there feeding then so will the channels.
Thanks. Will give that a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts