Fishing Tuesday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I gassed up the boat for tomorrows fishing or Wednesdays depending on weather(maybe both I hope). Steve Brown came by when I was gassing her up and we got to talking catfishing. I thought we were gonna be there all day. The lady at the station was looking at us like a couple of crazys while we compared notes. Steve had me follow him to his house and he showed me some gear, gave me some gear and sold me some gear. All great stuff!
    I wound up gettin a great deal on an Okuna baitcaster and some drift bobbers. Mostly we talked catfishing and the local scene. Turns out we both would like to do away with trotlines(sorry trotliners) or at least see a season on them. We both fish almost exactly the same way and have a lot of similar thoughts on catching Blues.
    Anyway tomorrow will be my first time out since Friday so I hope the Blues are hungry. I'll post a full report tomorrow evening. See ya on the water!

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Best of luck out there Ron!:)

3. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Losing my mind that should be Wednesdays fishing. I lost a day somewhere?

4. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    hope you have better luck then i did on Sunday...

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    LOL..Ron we already knew you lost your mind, but we thought you at least knew when you were fishin:p ....LOL

6. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Just curious if your fishin LOZ. Am thinking about getting the boat out on friday and going down below Truman Dam. Was kinda wondering if the fishing is any good and what seems to be working. If nothing else im sure that the relaxin will be great!

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    What's a drift bobber, Ron? When and how do you use one?

8. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I put a bobber about six inches in front of my hook when I drift. Sometimes it matters sometimes it doesn't. Steve had some that I didn't have to clip on which keeps my line from being damaged by the clip on type.
    I am planning on catching the H...E... Double hockeysticks out of em tomorrow so I'll let ya know how it goes. See ya on the water!

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Good luck Bigmagic, looking forward to hearing a good report.

ST

10. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas

Good luck to you to Randy.
    and
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

ST

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good Luck Onthe Fishing . Iwent To Meroum Ind. Today Caught 1 Crappie 1lbs , 5 Small Channels 1/2 To 4 Lbs But No Bass Or Big Blues. I Had Ablast Just Being Out At The Lake .

12. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I caught the Bluecat in my avatar while fishing with Steve Brown last spring. I also left his house with some new gear!:p The drifting bobbers that Bigmagic mentioned are made by Betts Tackle. They are 1 1/2" slotted oval floats, available colors are RED, RED/WHITE and FLO. YELLOW.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Ohhh...

I just use the cheap foam floats from Wal-Mart. Flourescent orange, 2" long and have a little plastic plug that you jam into one end to hold it in place. 5 for a buck. Guess they work fine - only lost 2 hooks in the last half dozen drifting trips.

Good luck, Ron - let us know how it turns out!

I'm out of town this weekend but plan to hit the lake on the 22nd or so and hope the drifting action will improve -- might even try a night time trip if the weather is warm enough (I don't do cold and dark at the same time...)

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Good luck ron ,leave some for me ,will be down saturday with my nepew inlaw to catch them that are left,will be fishing between the 81 and 89 mile marker.What is the water temp?

15. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    In the sixtys once the sun comes up. I haven't been out since Friday and it was in the lower sixtys in the shallower water.

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
  17. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    i also went out last year with Steve,I got a couple of the rods he has there very nice,I wasn't able to catch anything big 9 lb. but had a great time.

18. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ron,

I'm coming down there next week from Iowa to fish Thu-Sat. I'll be staying at Steve's place. I'm really excited. I have Steve booked for Friday. Has the drifting turned on yet? I'm not sure whether I want to go in the river or on Truman. Anyway, I might run into you one of those days.

Mike.

19. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did some fishing Monday and Tuesday night below the dam in the old channel. Monday sucked, 1 crappie. Tuesday night caught 15 crappie in 3 hours. Did all my fishing at night using floating lights. Wind was blowing pretty hard which made it a little more difficult. Going back the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, taking an 8 year old that has never been fishing before. Hoping for the white bass, still havent found them yet. Good luck everyone! Chris

20. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Well fellows the fishing was Fantastic today! I didn't catch any over 10lbs but I caught 32 Blues in 3 and a half hours. I kept five fish that weighed just under 50lbs. I quit at 11:30am because I was starting to fry not because the fish had stopped. I spent 20 minutes catching shad then headed to the main channel to do a little drifting caught four fish my first trip including a double. I had 30 shad and when I stopped fishing I had two left. If you put a piece of shad in the water today you caught a fish. I caught all but two on a 25ft deep channel edge. Normally this time of year they are shallow but I only caught two dinks shallow. The large cats were on the prowl and I saw several surface along with some spoonbill. They may have been suspending but I think they were chasing shad. I hear the deep fryer begining to sizzle the fish fry is starting and I can't wait to hit the water tomorrow.
    Mike you should have a great trip this weekend no matter which lake you fish. I plan on checking in with Steve in a bit to see how his day went. This deep fryer may force me to turn on the A/C. See ya on the water!