Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Catmaster, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I was planing on setting a little money aside to go on a fishing trip to a realy good place to catch alot of bruiser blues. There is only one problem, I do not know where I need to go. Does anyone have some good ideas of where the best place to go to catch big blues?????????

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You can do just fine over here in Missouri and you won't need to save up too many pennies.

Below Truman Dam when they're running water; farther down on Lake of the Ozarks; up on Truman Lake itself. The Missouri River is one of the best blue catfish fisheries in the country right now.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I see you are in Kansas, so it looks like you won't have to travel far. I am not familiar with that part of the country, but there a lot of folks here that are. If you head to east coast, the James River is the place to go.

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    There's a fellow here in Missouri that guides on the Missouri River for Bluecats. PM me for his name. He catches the fire out of 'em and he's been featured in many different magazines talking about it. Great guy, too. He is from around Glasgow, MO and has fished the river all his life. God bless.

5. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    We have some blues in the Neosho but not many over 30 lbs.

6. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Catmaster, I would fish either the Missouri or the Mississippi, both have excellent populations of blues. The closer you get to Iowa, the blues start to thin out. I would fish from St. Louis down on the Miss. River...

7. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Somewhere along the Mississippi, Sante Cooper, or James River

All good areas for large blues according to what i've heard... though potomac isn't too far behind...

8. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I have to agree with Mr. T about Truman lake and below the dam. The Blue in my profile pic was caught in the lake. It weighed 44 lbs. I know of a 70 and a 72 lb'er caught below the dam.

9. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    truman lake area is great:)

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
  11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'd place my vote for the Mississippi River from Alton, Illinois south for the next couple of hundred miles to the confluence of the Ohio. Lots of real bruisers caught on this section of river too.