1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

hay guys,we went fishing friday but i havent had a chance to post it untill know so here it is
    we got to the lake at about 4:00 that afternoon and i set my rods out at about 4:15(i was using cut bluegill for bait) about 20 minuts later i got a run so i got to my rod and set the hook,i could tell this was a big fish cause he was stripin drag out like i hooked a train i got him about 10 feet from the bank,and bam he spit the bait out. this happend again,twice!!! and by that point i was pretty steamed.i looked at my watch and it said 9:00.we had now more hit or runs that nite so we packed up at about 10:00 and left.
    im thinking the reason i could not get a decent hook set was because i was using size 3/0 bait holder hooks(the onley ones i had that nite)next time im getting size 6/0 khales
  2. Gator

Gator New Member

Ludowici GA
    Iwould stick with the kales if it were me. Wish you better luch next time.

3. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

South Carolina
    Kahles are good for lip set. Have you ever sharpened your hooks?
  4. catmancats

catmancats New Member

ya i would say you were loosing fish due to the 3/0 size that stinks too ive lost alot of big fish due to wrong hook size cause i was too lazy to stop and get new ones on the way to the lake.... Now i make sure i have what im gonna need...

Better luck next time.......

The ones that get away are there to fight another day.