Fishing trip with JPritch

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jimmyk, Dec 16, 2006.

1. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

State:
    virginia
    Me and JPritch went fishing today. we had a good time and we caught quite a few fish. he got his personal best (I'll let him tell ya about it). I found a few more new spots. Had a real nice one break off. But hey that's why they call it fishing not catching. Anyway I had a good time and caught some fish.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jimmy: Were glad you guys had a good day. Any safe day on the water is a good day. Takes some pics the next trip and share them on the BOC.:big_smile:

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Big thanks to JimmyK for taking a BOC brother on his boat to fish the James! There's not alot of people that will do something like that. He also shared alot of knowledge on using the right gear, boating techniques, and finding good spots. I plan on getting a boat soon, so I can definitely put that knowledge to use. Thanks again bro!

The bites were somewhat slow, I think we had landed 4 fish up to that point, and we were about to pack it in for the day but he suggested we try one more spot. That's when the fishing picked up...we actually had two on at the same time, and later he pulled in a 12# and I pulled in a 15#. It was also at that spot where Jimmy had a big one that broke the line.

The 15# is my new PR...I told the game warden about it and he called it small, but hey, it's all relative I guess. I'm not complaining!:cool2:

Pics coming shortly....

4. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the post guys gald to see you had a good time.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congrats Men on a Fine Day on the water,and Thanks for Posting. J.D.
    :0a18: :0a17:

6. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Thanks for sharing bros and congrats on a fine fishing day. I can't wait to get up to the James and fish.

Wheelmobile07

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Just one more spot/cast are going to be all of our downfall but, man what a way to go, lol. Sounds like yall had a good time and caught some fish. Congrats on the new personal best.

8. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    congrats on your new personal best