Fishing trip to tunica in october....

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by coach, Sep 18, 2006.

1. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    a few boc members will be meeting the weekend of october 27 28 29 at mhoon landing ..... we'll be camping and fishing ..... i think a few of the guys are gonna be there thursday ............... everyone is welcome .....

2. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    Coach, that sounds like a great time to have a get together, maybe them skeeters will be a little calmed down by then. The fishing should be great, so I'm going to do my best to be there.

3. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    This sounds like a plan! Is there room for a Rankin County Redneck?!

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    you know I'm there Coach. :big_smile:

5. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Coach, i should be there. It ought to be nice and cool by then. Is tin going to bring tunica with him, or is it george i can't remember?:big_smile:

6. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Will try to make it Coach, depends on the barge loading situation at the time. We are working on two right now.

7. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    more than enough room for u tony .............. come on up !!!!

8. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i just happened to be in tunica today................. went out to the ramp and campground ............... everything looked a o k ............... it was hard to be there with a fungo bat and a softball instead of with a boat and fishing pole !!!! i think i saw charles phillips in tunica ............ but i ain't sho!!!:wink:

9. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Is skippies good off any of them dikes down around that way, anyone knows? I'd sho like to have freshies if they are there!

10. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Sounds like a fun trip again. But may have another trip planned at the same time. Have to wait and see which works out best.

11. Charlesp54

Charlesp54 Active Member

State:
    Horn Lake, Ms
    What you mean? I think I saw charles phillips in tunica ............ but I ain't sho!!! Man it aint like i'm your average sized everyday joe. Ok well I think I saw steve adams but I aint sho!!!:lol:

12. Charlesp54

Charlesp54 Active Member

State:
    Horn Lake, Ms
    Now that I think about it it was Steve Adams because he had a fungo bat and he was trying to figure out how to mount a penn reel on it. I guess he was going to use the softball for a float.:wink:

13. lakerat

lakerat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I may try to make it by there for that. If I do I will not camp but may meet up to do a little fishing. My boy turns 2 on the 25th so I cannot set anything in stone but I will try.

14. ArkansasCat

ArkansasCat Member

State:
    Batesville Arkansas
    Hey Coach, I plan on being there. It's been awhile since we "shot the bull" around a campfire. Last October I believe at the Memphis gathering. Anyway looking forward to it.

15. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Coach do you have a link to any info on the camp ground? Info like prices, restrooms, showers, etc...? Thanks Bud!:smile2:

16. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Tony..It's a free park. It has restrooms ...no showers..covered picnis tables , elec, and water at each site.

Well patrolled by county sheriff deputies, and levee board personell.

17. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Hey Coach do you think I might be able to talk somebody into giving me a boat ride?? The fish wasn't biting to good at Ken Lake so I dodn't even buy a fishing permit and this fishpox is killin" me.

18. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    FIREBALL you going to have to stay in camp and make sure dinner doesn't get over cooked or too HOT. We don't want a repeat of the Memphis Gathering. :wink:

19. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Tinboat, thanks for that info! I'll have the wife and little ones (5 and 3) and needed to know what to be prepared for! We're making plans to be there!! LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING SOME OF Y'ALL !!:big_smile::big_smile:

20. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    ifn u got a river ready boat , better bring it ............ we may need some extra seats this go around..........