Fishing trip to Port Gibson in June

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by heavyduty, Jan 15, 2007.

1. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    A few of us BOC members are going to Port Gibson on the 7,8,9,and 10th of June,we will be camping and fishing. We have a couple of places we can camp at and we are still flexible as to where we will camp. We are thinking about Grand Gulf State Park,it is 5 dollars a night for tent camping. We will be fishing the MS river out of Claiborne County Port. At the port there is a boat ramp and plenty of room for bank fishing. And a couple of us will be fishing the Big Black river too. It is a small river with good fishing and the boat ramp is at the 61 hwy bridge.

Everybody is welcome to come camping and fishing with us!!

2. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    hey scott, i'm gonna put it on my calendar............. count me in for sure ..... good bank fishing ,hmmmmmmmmmmmm, that means i could leave the uss peenthebottomoftheboat at home ......:roll_eyes:...NOT !!!

3. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Scott: Thanks for the invite, count me in brother. Can't wait to get some Mighty Mississippi River fishing time.

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    count me is also , its going to be a hoot

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    hey heavyduty............ we got oldprowler cleared to enter the state last year when he came to tunica ....... being from oklahoma it wasn't hard to get him a passport............BUT ,u might oughta start a little early on that guy from kansas,,, probably gonna take a while to get him a passport!!!!! i've heard they do all kinda background checks !!!!!!

6. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Coach, I pulled some strings with the Mississippi Border Patrol today, I think we might get him cleared by June, its gonna be tough though! :lol:

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I stopped by the weight station on interstate and got my passport.They recommended I get a full line of shots as I was going to a fur-en land. Also the said it not safe to drink the water, it will make you talk funny.

8. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    The Mighty Mississippi is RISING pretty good! It oughta be some good fishin!

9. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Coach: Does that mean I do not have to go through the passport process again? I sure hope so, the required shots were not too bad although I was a little concerned about the use of the community needle -- especially since I got there for my shots right after they finished with that van load of "cheerleaders" passing through on their way to New Orleans.

I hope you have started saving up them skippie tails for me like I asked you to. There is just something about the way they twirl in the water that really attracts the bigguns.

10. crossxsticks

crossxsticks Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hevyduty sounds like somthin to do ,count me in and I got the pass word for the Msippy border check its GREEN TEA no background check required ..if you know the pass word .

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Well, I reckon that if you can drag all these flatlanders down there, I might as well slide off the mountain and head that way too. If Im recovered enough....Mac

12. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    this oughta draw fire !!!!!!!! mac , if u ain't fully recovered , can somebody coming thru stop and get ur boat for the weekend ....... but seriously , hope u are up and going !!! but we do need the boat ...........:roll_eyes:

13. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Mac, be sure and have the tank full, a sharp knife, we can get by without a cutting board.Rods and tackle will be needed.Maybe a tank of gas for the truck. we will be staying the night with you, and you can pack us a lunch for the tirp

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Not a Problem Dale, you boys just come on. Heck, I will even throw a little extra hay down out in the barn!!!!!! Im sure them Goats will just love the company........ You old Goat!!!!!!!! LMAO Fire one....... you sunk my battleship......HEHE...........

15. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    Scott, you know you can count on me, IF I'm in the country at the time. I'm changing schedules this spring, and am not certain what my schedule will be come June. But I'll let y'all know as we get closer to D-Day.

Dale, do make certain you get all your shots. We definitely don't want anyone coming down here and "giving" the locals anything!

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    If I can get my old legs working I will be there for shore:cool2:

17. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Put me down as a definite maybe. It's hard for me to commit to something 6 months in advance but I'll try my best.

18. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    looks like it is shaping up to be a fine fishing trip .................may even get to meet some new folks .................:smile2:

19. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    It sure looks like it,Coach! and I am lookin forward to meeting new friends and seein all my friends I met at Tunica!

20. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Kicking this back to the top . Lets see if any more want to come .looks like it will be a fine fishing trip.