Fishing trip oppurtunity.

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigblaze, Dec 21, 2006.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Me and one, possibly two of my fishing buddies are going to try the North East Cape Fear River Thursday, Dec 28th.

We have never fished this stretch of the cape fear.

I have a 19' center console bay boat, fully rigged for fishing.

I can fish four comfortable. I will have one opening left on the boat for next weeks fishing trip. I am looking for someone who is knowledgeable about that stretch of river and can show us some good spots to catch fish.

We are not targeting one species of fish...we don't care what we catch as long as it's stripers or cats...and hopefully it's BIG! We will have plenty of bait.

Anyone interested please just pm. me.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You know thats not the Cape Fear river right?:lol:

3. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

nope! see I told you I didn't know nothing about that stretch of river...

OK so it's the lower cape fear in Wilmington

Thanks for the correction Mark.....:big_smile:

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The Northeast Cape Fear is its own river. The Northeast Cape Fear and the Cape Fear converge at Wilmington.
    The Northeast Cape Fear originates inbetween Seven Springs and Mt. Olive.

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    First of all I would like to thank everyone who offered to help us out....sorry we couldn't make it happen this go around maybe next time....

Actually Mark I was right the first time it was the north east cape fear we fished....

we fished about a mile up the north east cape fear(in wilmington) after the split and then we tried about a mile up in the cape fear in hopes of catching some big fish...

No such luck. I hung a big one that got off late afternoon but in the end we only managed two decent fish..I attached two pictures of the fish we caught.....soupman landed a 10lb. flathead in the middle of the day on cut eel and i landed a 10 lb. blue that had a bite taken out of it...

soupman landed 5 other small blues weighing somewhere between 3-5 lbs.

Attached Files:

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Nice fish.
    I've always wanted to put in the NE Cape Fear up around Burgaw. Nice looking cat water up there.

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

yea we were definitely talking about going there again for cats...that looked like some good water for BIG BLUES!!!!

I didn't think we would catch blues or for that matter flats, 5 miles from the ocean but they were there...

I wander if that was a shark that took a bite out of that blue cat???:tounge_out:

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Shark or a Bluefish could do a bite like that.

Good looking catch.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've tangled with some large sharks around Snow's Cut.
    These are large enough sharks they spool all your catfish tackle in seconds.

10. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Nice pics thanks for sharing.

Wheelmobile07

11. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you time things right, fishing can be real good. The only problem is finding the fish, as the water is quite deep almost EVERYWHERE! There are some really big bowfin and eels also. We haven't caught any blues over 20 yet, but we haven't been able to fish it as heavily as we would like to, but we've caught a few flatties in the 30+ range.

12. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    im going out this weekend ill probilby be in between the boat ramp on East Mountain and Riverside sportd center. Has anyone been through there lately?

13. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Have you checked the river level. It was at 24.88 feet at 3:00 PM today @ Fayetteville. That's pretty high if you going use boat.

14. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    yeah the river is high with a lot of trees floting around, but its never a bad day to get on the River. Even the worst day fishing beats the best day at work.

15. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    it also could have been a gator or an aligator snapping turtle.