Fishing trip, Need info?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by SlayinAZFish, May 2, 2007.

1. SlayinAZFish

SlayinAZFish New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Me and my buddy are heading 2 Martinez in Mid May, kinda Want 2 know what is the live bait of choice, and any hints on locations there would be nice Thanks...:cool2:

2. Cat-dory

Cat-dory Guest

Pick up some large 5-7 inch goldfish at the bait place. There kinda expensive but work great! Ive caught up to 46 lbs there , and lost a couple of huge ones. Use 5/0 to 8/0 octopus hooks.....good luck

3. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I've had good luck on goldfish too but a lot of guys use bluegills. It shouldn't take too long to catch enough for bait. Use big hooks and look for pools or slack water. Best time for flats is at night. Stay hydrated.
    Tight lines.

:cool2:

4. Marc_g

Marc_g New Member

State:
    Arizona
    If you have a boat put in at the ramp at the imperial wildlife refuge (free) take a sharp right and try all along the cut going back towards the river up to the restricted area. caught a load of 8-10 lb channels on shrimp my last 3 trips last year; pick up bait and supplies in town before you go out there to save some bucks; otherwise there are some bank fishing sposts back there that are near the channel

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    my suggestion would be the goldfish, but catch some gills or talapia and use them. there are a few deep holes out of martinez if you're not aware of them. PM or e-mail me and will try and tell you where they are at.
    gary

6. SlayinAZFish

SlayinAZFish New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey thanks Guys.. Leaving in a week for 5 days have boat, Use goldfish before caught 35lb flat. Just wanted 2 make sure, we Been planning this 4 my friends birthday. Never been there, Live in Parker for 6 years But just wanted 2 see how the fishing was... THANKS... you guys are very Helpfull...

7. bartlettcat

bartlettcat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    try live bluegills

8. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Thanks for the info.all.

Steve.

9. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Live bluegills or cutbait is the way to go right now. we caught 12 flatties on saturday night, most between 6 and 12 lbs some were topping 15. we only went out for about 4 hours. all on cut gills. live gills are working excellent right now too, caught a few on friday night on live gills.

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    sarge, i'm gonna get you on artcle 32 somehow. i've waited for you to get with me to go out with you you with me. but no, you're slacking. :wink:
    get ahold of me smetime a few days ahead of time. i'm ready to catch some.
    gary