Fishing trip 1-13-08

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Arkansascatman777, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Well it was a fun day on the water. We fished from daylight til about 1:00 p.m. It started out about 27 degrees and got up to mid 40's for a high. The wind had shifted directions and was out of the west for the most part. The wind shift combined with the water temps rising had the fish scattered. The bite was slow but steady. The surface water temp has warmed up from 39 to 45.5 since last Saturday. We found most of the active fish on the 4 and 5 ft. flats today. Ended up with 16 blues and 2 channels total. Caught/Released 3 fish over 10. lbs. Bait used was fresh caught shad and frozen skipeye's:wink::smile2: J/K Darryl.

This is a picyure of the start of the day

[​IMG]

This is a picture of Big Sam waiting on that first take down.

[​IMG]

He didn't have to wait long

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres on my Uncle Lonnie caught and released. 12 lbs.

[​IMG]

Heres one of the eater size Sam caught

[​IMG]

This was big fish of the day that Big Sam caught and released. 14 lbs.

[​IMG]

Heres another one Sam caught/released. Also shows the back of my slime mobile :eek:oooh:. Gives you an idea why people say we look like a big spider on the water from a distance:smile2:.

[​IMG]

Heres a couple of releasing the bigger fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Man, I'd say you all got the water covered with all them poles. Sounds like a good day out. Hope the wind wasn't blowing. What am I saying?:eek:oooh: Of COURSE the wind was blowing, you were in Oklahoma!:smile2:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great report and thanx for sharein the adventure. I luv the net. Ready to take on what ever ya hook up with. LOL!

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    It was a good day on the water as EVERYONE can tell i had my personal photographer along for the ride!!!!:smile2::tounge_out::big_smile: There were no pictures of Johnny catching fish cause he couldn't put that dang NEW camera down long enough to fish:beat_brick: I am gonna have to take that thing away from him cause we got a tournament coming up!!:tounge_out: It stayed cool all day and yes skipeye the wind blew on Kerr lake:cool2: heck it's unusual for it not to blow below 20mph:wink: Thank's for the trip out Johnny another great time in the books!!:big_smile:

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Blues, Big Sam!

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Johnny looks like you and Sam had a good day on the water.Glad y'all got some fish.

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That's a good day of fishin'. I'm surprised y'all had time for that many pictures catching so many fish.:big_smile: Glad you guys had a good trip, and thanks for the photos and report.

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Johnny:

Thanks for all the great photos. Sounds like you had a great trip.

9. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Nice catch, and may I say, yall have alot of cat poles to keep track of.

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Just think Tn ....... Johnny was giving me a good cu$$ing that morning cause i ONLY brought 5 poles:tounge_out::smile2::nosebleed:

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Thanks for all the great photos, Johnny, and congrats on a super day on the water.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report and super photos Johnnny! :cool2: I wish I could use that many poles up here in Pa! :sad2: I want to grab my gear and run to the river after viewing them pics! :big_smile:

13. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    In Oklahoma you are allowed 7 poles per person. There were 3 of us fishing and we had 15 guns locked and loaded:eek:oooh:we could have had 6 more poles out:eek:oooh::smile2:. We had a blast and you can tell Sam was hamming it up for the photo's:smile2:, glad everyone enjoyed the pics.

14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Johnny was like Clark-Kent with that camera!!:eek:oooh::smile2::tounge_out: it wasn't safe to take a desperately needed "leak" at times!!:eek:oooh::smile2: I found ya a carrying case Johnny that goes through your belt and the top has a fastener so your camera cant fall out and you won't be losing it again, it is made by canon, a gift from me if i can remember to give it to ya, he will be like Matt-Dillion now.......drawing that dude out of the holster with lightning speed!!!:smile2::eek:oooh: Or maybe like Festus Haggin....nice and slow so a guy can take a "leak" with out being on the cover of a thread........:surrender:

15. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's a really good report and pics. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

16. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    HOLY COW. 7 poles per person!?! thats crazy. We can only have 2 per person on the mississippi here in iowa. I gotta ask you one thing. How do you keep from getting all tangled up? Heavy sinkers?

17. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR

It's usually not to bad, in the lake there is low or no current issues most of the time. But this trip me and Sam were running 10 poles out the back and we had a few tangles:smile2:.

18. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Looking Good Guys" :0a23:

And I just picked-up my fishing license for 2008 over the weekend, and that gives me something to look forward to.

Thanks for sharing the photos with us all. :0a31:
    :wink:

19. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man that first pic says it all.... Im a little jealous... sounds and looks like you all had a great tris... thanks for sharing.. just cant wait till it warms up here

20. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Johnny - Were you guys drifting or anchor fishing? If you can keep that many poles strait drifting, you got to teach me! Looks like you all had a good time and did pretty descent as well.