Fishing Tournaments

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by rush_60, Jul 29, 2008.

1. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Would you fish in a tournament if they had a kayak/canoe division.

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Must not be much interested in this one. I would really like to try fishing tournaments but all the ones that I've seen around here are 2 man teams. Also how would you get your catch back to the weigh in alive?

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    tourneys with one person entries and a time only limit. :crazy:

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I have won lots of tournaments by myself.

5. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Well let me think about this.....YES...lol. They have lots of tournaments on salt water for Kayaks but have never seen on around here. I think they just take pictures of the fish and release them.

6. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I would really like to fish with the big boys in their $30K boats and me in my little tupperware boat.:smile2: I doubt I would do any good but the experience would be worth it.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I heard a local yak club runs a paper tournaments and the anglers take pictures.

8. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    I love the fact you have an opportunity to hook into a great catch and be close to it. I live in Honolulu and Arizona, i have a kayak in Honolulu, check out the kayak tourneys, I'm with you i enjoy catching fish independently in a kayak. I have an inflatable here in Arizona. The tourney needs to accept pictures on fresh water tourneys, and the fact that it is a close knit group and the fun of it all. There is certainly no room for a live fish well, barely room for a catfish on a kayak.:roll_eyes:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Two words. DECOY BAG. Look into it.:wink:

10. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

I do use a decoy bag, but when you start paddling with a bag full of fish its almost like dragging a drift sock.

11. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    We fish "CPR" contests here all the time. Catch, Photo, Release... You have to use an approved measuring board, and for each contest there is a special "Token" that must be in the photo with the fish, the token can be a code word or a number that is given out just before the start of the event. The number in the picture of the 32 inch channel cat is an example. Works great and easy on the fish you want to release...

Attached Files:

12. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Casey
    Maybe them boys in thier big toys would let us fish as a team even though we would be in two boats. Heck they would never think we were any competition in our tupper ware anyway. We might even fool them.

13. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Hey now thats an idea, I wonder if they would go for it. If you come across any tournaments let me know and we'll see if they will allow it.