Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to indiana and fished with my cuz jerry for a week.Caught few hundred panfish.Then we had a fish fry before we left.Then went home for a week and then left for pennsylvania for a week.Went with my friend freddy whos cancer is in remission and finally got his strength back to travel.He got a decent bass first day and couple hours later i caught a nice walleye and before we went there i caught a small flathead on a live chub at another spot.We had a great time staying with freds friend geraldo and did some morel hunting and had scrambled eggs and morels for breakfast a couple of days..bought my year non resident license so im planning more trips later in the year.Got back saturday and im a little burned out.but im ready to do some crappie fishing this week.Or get out on the pontoon!!!!!Im ready to go again!!!!

Attachments

· Registered
995 Posts
Gosh man looking at those pics makes me HUNGRY!! fish is def my favorite food. And however off subject this may sound i have that same set of plates......RAT

· Registered
711 Posts
Nice catches Mike! Surely you're not REALLY burnt out already. We've got some serious fishing to do man. Besides, i can't stand that you're one up on me in the 2010 Flathead race.;) Congrats again on the nice fish buddy.

· Registered
858 Posts
Congrats on everything Mike. Isuzu is finally fixed and not guzzling gas, So as soon as the ol'lady has a few days off, and doesn't need it for work, and I can scrounge up some gas money. I'll set up a day to come down your way...

· Registered
3,732 Posts
Thanks for the great report Mike, and for reminding us what friends and fishing are all about. I would get my rest on the river bank, if I could do what you accomplished, all the time. Man them shrooms are sure good for breakfast, think I'll have some right now! lol....:good:

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey garrett dont get so stressed out.Your not very far back in the 2010 flathead point standings.And besides ,that might be the only one i catch this year:smile1:,Since ive been taking lessons and watching videos it might of upped my percentage to catch another one.As long as you havent watched the same videos i might have a chance.

· Banned
992 Posts
Went to indiana and fished with my cuz jerry for a week.Caught few hundred panfish.Then we had a fish fry before we left.Then went home for a week and then left for pennsylvania for a week.Went with my friend freddy whos cancer is in remission and finally got his strength back to travel.He got a decent bass first day and couple hours later i caught a nice walleye and before we went there i caught a small flathead on a live chub at another spot.We had a great time staying with freds friend geraldo and did some morel hunting and had scrambled eggs and morels for breakfast a couple of days..bought my year non resident license so im planning more trips later in the year.Got back saturday and im a little burned out.but im ready to do some crappie fishing this week.Or get out on the pontoon!!!!!Im ready to go again!!!!
Ahh Man,, that just ain't right. What kind of low down dirty scroundrel would show plates of food like to a starving man whos wife/cook has been away from home for over 2 weeks. That stuff sure looks good, Say would you be interested in trading a couple plates of that for a slightly run-away wife??.. All joking aside that food does look wonderfuk, All thats missing is an open pot of coffee cooked right over the hot coals. ..Looks like you diod have a great time.Hope the others enjoyed to,especially the friend w;ith cancer,

BTW, you had all that nive looking food, all I had was Cheif Boy Sr De Spegetti :coffee::poop::poop::poop::poop: :poop::poop:

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ive had my share of runaway wives.the last time she ran away she kept running and i havent seen her since(at least if i can help it) .If i knew you were low on vittles i would of life flighted you in a couple packs of bluegills to hold you over till the wifey came back.Me and my cousin went fishing one day and before we left his wife said she was fixing a roast and a pot of beans and it would be there when we got back.well we were starving when we returned and looked around nothing.So when i saw her i told her thanks for the wish roast and the wish beans.Wish we had some!!!.I think she came out with a new wish cookbook and she must of gave a copy to my girlfriend.Cause when i get home theres usually something fixed thats in that cookbook.NOTHING!!!!!I do most of the cooking but i like to cook but not all the time.Yeah cooking over open fire is great.my buddy belongs to bow club and some guy there makes a tripod with adjustable grate and when i get some extra loot im gonna buy one.Also been looking at dutch oven recipes and would like to try that.When all else fails break out the vienna sausages or ramen nooodles!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.