fishing tonight 10/2/05

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by davesoutfishing, Oct 2, 2005.

1. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    if anyone wants to come to Burlington to go fishing lemme know

2. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It's a gonna rain. Are you nuts? Never mind. I'm getting my rain gear ready to head out to Coralville Res. Yesterday, I took my wife and her sister out and we got 20 or so. Would have had more, but the women can't bait their own hooks nor take a fish off. Also, they were in pretty deep conversation a several times when their poles were about bent double. Didn't get anything bigger than 6 lbs., but had a couple of 5's several 4's. Mostly 2-3 lbers. Caught and released all.

Best of luck to you tonight Dave!

3. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    yep.....and I have two rain suits lol
    :p

4. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    went out fishing lastnight water is way up and lots of current didnt catch anything I took a guy from work and his gf they were underdressed so we didnt stay long going out again this afternoon with the wife and kid if anyone wants to go and has a boat pm me

5. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    i am not sure how long i should catfish into the fall here, dave. this high water this weekend turned me off, so me and a buddy caught a whole pile of stripers.. i havent fished for anything with scales since about april. :rolleyes:

was doin decent the last couple of weekends up around here (leclaire) duck season upon us, and the cats might lose... very tough decisions.... aint life grand :)

6. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    lol I know what ya mean I use to goose hunt about a half a mile from my home tons of geese had about 5 large fields to hunt but I gave it all up and sold everything