fishing tomorrow?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by DH84, Jan 2, 2009.

1. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    will be out on the river in the morning tomorrow, just wondering if anyone else was planning on going, ill be putting in at DB. Cant miss my boat, ive got big wooden panels on the side painted gray and white for hunting season, looks a little funny but sure keeps the wind off nice..

2. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    good luck, hope your bites dont come unglued.

3. King Catfisherman

King Catfisherman New Member

State:
    Virginia
    we will be putting in at deep bottom in the am good luck its going to be a good one

4. hotva29

hotva29 New Member

State:
    va
    put in at jordan point this morning,got a few cutters and went down the river,we managed to fish through the wind and rain,caught a 44,32,30 and some small ones.my buddy went up towards the 295 bridge,he put a 66,55,52 in the boat.il be heading down again tomorrow,the wind is not susposed to blow.

5. hotva29

hotva29 New Member

State:
    va
    fished again yesterday biggest was 40,bite was slow for us .one guide put his man on 30 citations....i guess i was in the wrong spot.

6. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    we had a hard time finding some sizable bait, i threw the 10' throw net all morning and could only manage some 3-4" shad, i was marking big balls on the depth finder and id hit them with my 7' net with a smaller mesh and bring up 100's of tiny shad, some less then an inch long..

fished the afternoon using about 6-8 on each hook and cut up an eel i got from a guy and ended up with a dozen or so fish, biggest only being 17lbs but ill be back and next time ill have a cooler full of cutters before i leave the house!

Attached Files:

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Wish you better luck next time....the river takes alot of time to learn. Just keep at it. I'd be glad to share some bait with you if I'm on the river the same time you are next time.

8. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    i preciate that man, yea ive given bait to people many times.. seems like you either have way to much or couldnt find a shad to save your life!

im ready to get back up there soon though, if i can get a break in the weather on a weekend im gonna come make 2 days of it