Fishing Today on LOZ

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I went out this morning and fished till about 4:30pm. I only caught one Blue around 5lbs. I had a couple of other bites but I was experimenting with new areas. The fish was caught in 12lb of water as were all the bites. Nothing shallower nothing deeper.
    I had some interesting experiences in gathering shad. I used my usual locate with sonar method and found shad and got some then found what I thought was a school under attack by larger fish. I threw the net and pulled in three crappie a drum and half a dozen small shad. I wish I would have taken the digital camera with me I would have had some great sonar pictures to show. Oh well may later in the week. See ya on the water.

2. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Big Magic, as a qiuet lurker it appears that you've got the blues fishing figured out. Have you ever fished MarkTwain Lake? I do pretty good with lines, but keep striking out with pole and line. If you ever get up this way give me a holler and we can go out, Ive got a boat and know the lake from when it was still a river bottom.

Stickbender

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Welcome to BOC Bob, stop lurking and jump right in...good folks on this board.:)

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    now wolf be good lol,Atleast your out there ron ,we only had 4 boats at chamois last weekend fishing was slow we had big fish until the last guy came in oh well,jeff city is next weekend it is a pro tournement should be alot more boats.

5. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Hmm....lb ft lb ft lb ft which one was it again. Sorry bout that! Robert did ya catch anything or find any good spots?

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    not much caught ,we had big fish until the last guy came in our big fish was 6 lbs his was 8 lbs ,1st place had 22 lbs they only paid 1st and big fish