Fishing today near Cumberland City

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Whistler, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bob and I got out on the river today and caught a few fish. Nothing super big, but a couple of respectable Blues. I caught a couple of Blues in the 6 to 8 lb range in a place that Canepole and I call Whistler's Hole. Same place someone once accused him of stealing. LOL Anyway, those two came out of about 40+ foot of water. Caught on cut skipjacks. Then we moved up the river a ways and stopped in a place on the opposite side. Probably about a mile up the river. I hooked a bigun and lost it. Too bad, but it happens. Felt like a real nice one too. Not much else happened there, so we moved on up some more. We ended up setting up near the 55 gallon drum for those of you that know that area. We found a bunch of fish stacked up on a small hump there. We immediately started getting hits. Only landed the two though. Bob caught a 15 lb blue and I caught a 24 lb Blue. We got pics of those two. Long day, but it was fun. River was in good shape today too. A bit stained from the recent rain, but good current and running at least at normal winter pool levels. Skipjacks were running real good too this morning. We ran into John Stephens and he said they were hitting good from the bank too. We only caught about 7 for our day. DH4 had PM'd me for some info about the river and the skips. If it stays like today, it'll be well worth a trip down for bait. If you bring a boat, be aware that they have really gotten strict about the outlet, so don't go in. All in all a good day.

Attached Files:

2. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Thanks for the report Bryan. I wished I could get out there and do some fishing But got to hit the road tomorrow and I an't sure when I'll get to go fishing again. I just got home about four hours ago. So I ain't going to have much of a weekend.
    But I reckon the good thing about it is I am back to work and This year I am going to take myself just about completly outta dept, Then try and find a job where I can have a life....

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I guess that pays me back for fishing on wednessday when yall where working.

4. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    Whistler, is the channel where all the coal haulers dock still closed? Also were you talking about just the outlet where the road cross over. Just wondering since we were thing of going some where Monday. Last time we were up river by the rock walls we hooked a good one and lost it, so I know what you mean.

Craig

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks for the report Bryan. Its always good to see yours and smiling Bobs face with fish in your hands.:big_smile:

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Man some people have all the fun. J/K LOL Glad ya'll could get out on the water and have a great time this weekend. Those are some nice looking fish.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Glad ya had a good time with fish to boot. LOL!

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Bryan, glad that you could get out and hook some cats.... Thanks for the post and the pictures...

Bayrunner Ray

9. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Glad to hear we are going in the morning. Thanks for the report.

10. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    thanks for the pictures i knew bob had a secret hole around there some where those are nice fish.

11. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brian,
    Thanks for the post and the fish photos. Happy New Year

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I think both of you are smart for hanging up the deer rifles and going back to fishing..
    Now get out there and catch one bigger then D/H :big_smile:
    Pete

13. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    bryan you an bob save a few till i get their on fish an camp good photos an good dinner see you soon. ron howard

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bryan for the pics. Glad you could get out and get A FEW WINTER BLUES.:smile2:

15. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bryan, congrats on the cats and thanks for sharing the pics. Dad and I are putting in at Lock B in the morning around 8 am. Hopefully they'll be tearing it up before the cold front comes in over night tomorrow. I'll post results tomorrow evening and hopefully have some pics to share also.

16. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Nice lookin fish. Congrats.

17. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    very nice catch Bryan,
    Thanks for the info...Looks like you had a real good time...

18. Stormin Normin

Stormin Normin New Member

State:
    Florida
    Nice fish you got there. Looks like you had a good time.