Fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Dallison, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anybody fishing this weekend? I've let ton's of chores go undone around the house but after work tomorrow I'm heading to the Osbourne boat landing to take advantage of the tide rolling in. I have everything loaded up in the truck so in my mind I'm already there, I figure I'll stay till 11 or 12 pm then do my yard stuff the next day. Depending on how it goes I'll go again Saturday night. Also I really want to go to Hopewell to the little pier at City Point, I think I can hit the channel there, so that may be productive. I'll report back if I catch a monster, regardless I will have fun.....:smile2:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good luck. Re: City Point - you can catch some nice fish there. When I was broken down right in front of the pier anchored up waiting for my tow :0a22: there was alot of topwater catfish action going on. I saw about a 15lb cat come clean out of the water not 10 yds from my boat. This was evening just before sundown.

3. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    we're going out on the chick for few hours sat. morning.

my cc is getting a motor upgrade going from a 48hp to a 90 soon. i'll be on the james with the 90 soon i hope.

vaughn

4. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    I will be on the chick sat.......jig alittle for stripers.in my go fast :crazy:

5. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    gotta work this weekend, and even if I didn't...wouldn't be able to go:sad2: my fishin' buddy is sick as a dog:choler::dribble:...but as long as all goes well, and he feels better... gonna hit the stripers at the rapp. next weekend. (and whatever else is biting!):tounge_out:

6. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Doesn't look like i will be out this weekend but maybe next. Dave ill contact you soon if you want to go out again sometime. Good luck and catch a monster:smile2:

7. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    only got in 3-4 hrs this morning , on the chick.

got one 5-6 lbs, one 9-10 lbs.:sad2:

water temp 68-70 deg. can't wait for the weather to change...

vaughn