Fishing this weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Oct 19, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    is anyone going out this weekend?

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm working, I think Gary is wanting to get out and do some fishing also. He's got some nice new shiney weights hes itchin to try out. :smile2:

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I am trying to figure out what to do with myself this weekend. I have the whole weekend off. Is there anyplace that the fish are biting that you dont have to drift to catch them. I dont have a trolling motor yet and it is supposed to be windy this weekend in the midwest. I dont know if I should stay here and hope these fish get over their lock jaw or go and find some hungry ones. If I stay here I would be happy to take Gary out with me! I am kind of leaning that way right now. Willie where are you wanting to fish? Maybe we can meet up. Gary if you want to go out this weekend just let me know, and Willie good luck with the motor I hope it is finally fixed. If you do have a problem just give me a call.

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I wouldn't mind going out on Sunday. I'd like to go tomorrow, but I don't think the girlfriend gonna allow that!:eek:oooh: Anyway, I've got a few techniques I'd like to try. We can launch at Plattin Rock, that's if you want to fish down here. I've got a few "new" holes I'd like to hit. I plan on getting this skunk off my back! :wink:

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Sounds good Gary, just let me know when and where. I hope we can get that critter off of both our backs! Give me a call this weekend and we will set it up.

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Gary.. Don't forget about the lead tommorrow... Boy I tell you, no wonder your girlfriend gets mad at you, you're real forgetful like.. hehehe

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    You don't have to worry about that Harold, the LEAD is the number one priority on my "tomorrow" list of things to do!!! No forgetting here!! LMAO!!!:smile2:

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'll give you a call in the morning after I finish my coffee..

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heres a shout out to you bro's from ohio! i'm fishing tom. night on the muskingum river for some fall flats! good luck to all of you this weekend...rollo

10. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I'll be below Mel Price tomorrow. I'll be in the only pontoon out there catfishing..... :tounge_out: If anyone sees me come say hi. Just don't get to close, i've usually got a perty big white stripe down my back.

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I went up there to look at it tonight and there is a bunch of water coming through up there. I might put in there or downtown tomorrow if I see ya Ill stop by, that stripe doesnt scare me as I have one of my own.

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Sounds good catman. We were below the dam last weekend for a hour or two. We ended up with a 10 lb. blue. And I had what felt like a monster on... Some how I ended up letting him snap my brand new (spooled that morning) 80 lb. power pro though. :embarassed: Hoping to get my rig back tomorrow. :wink:

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    alton sounds good i'll head up there around noon. got a honey-do-list in the morning after that im a free man. might have the boys with me they been dying to go fishing for two weks now

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You guys go get em!!!! Well be waiting for the reports. Tight Lines!!

15. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck Dan I might head up there tomorrow with Gary, I am going to try down here today. I dont want to try pulling that anchor by myself in that fast current up there. Hopefully this rise will unlock their little mouths and I can get this critter off of my back!

16. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck Willie, i hope you catch a monster!

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    hey ryan I didnt get to go out today, but i got a pass for sunday. did you do any good today? im going to alton in the morning around 7:00 or so.
    plan on being there for awhile if the fish are biting. im not going to far from the ramp. just i case.............LOL
    i lock your number in my phone, i'll give you a buzz if thier biting

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Sounds good Willie, I will probably be heading up there tomorrow with Gary. I whent out on the meremac today but no luck. The Mississippi was very muddy and the wind had some pretty big waves kicked up. There was a pretty good amount of trash coming through. I think up above the missouri river might be a little better. So if you get out there early give me a call and let me know what it looks like. I dont think we will be getting out until around 10 or 11.

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Wish I could head up there with you guys tomorrow or of been out today or the day before that. But, I've got a honey-doo list thats a mile long and getting longer everyday. She's got a ton of stuff she wants to do to this new house and I've been working my tail off for the last 3 days with little end in sight. So, good luck guys and nail some big ones...especially Ryan and Gary you guys need to catch some fish and give me a little hope that there are still fish out there that guys like us can catch....lol:big_smile:

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    , good luck guys and nail some big ones...especially Ryan and Gary you guys need to catch some fish and give me a little hope that there are still fish out there that guys like us can catch....lol:big_smile:[/quote]

Thanks Mike I will take all the luck I can get. There is alot of skill in fishing and Im pretty skilled at not catching fish right now, so luck sounds pretty good:smile2: Thanks for the luck, Gary and I have some pretty big critters on our backs and I hope today is the day we can get them off. We should be getting out there around noon today, Willie and his brother are already out there. Wish you could join us Mike but you dont want to make the boss mad. By the way congrats on the new house!