Fishing this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by cat_hounds, Aug 16, 2007.

1. cat_hounds

cat_hounds New Member

State:
    nebraska
    anyone going out this weekend i feel there will be a big 'un caught around nebraska city sometime this weekend probably at night and i beleive i will see it in my boat

2. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    cat_hounds, i hope you get it! Not even sure of my plans yet, unless i take my float tube somewhere, i'm shore bound, and i don't think my float tube and the MO will mix that well.... :tounge_out:

3. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO

All you do is have a buddy drop you off a few miles upstream from your truck, take a boat anchor, and stay close to the bank that your trucks parked on. I dont care how good that outside bend looks on the other side:smile2:. Any way. I think I might hit the sra/wma whatever it is there in plattsmouth mon eve.

4. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i would not even mess with plattsmouth unless your gonna go downstream or wade fish the platte. their is only one dyke worth fishin in a 7 mile stretch upstream from the boat ramp, no current, no structure, no depth. downstream is a different story. :wink:

5. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    I have been twice to the sra/wma there where the platte meets the mo. Got a few bumps, but nothing. We sat at the mouth to the chute there. was wanting to hit the north side of the platte before it hits the mo. Ever have any luck there?

6. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    hey cat honds im thinking i will be out if you need someone to go with you i will go and watch you catch that big fish lol let me know

7. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    if your talking about fishing the platte itself yes lots of smaller eater fish. if you walk aways upstream their is alot of submerged timber, and undercut banks, it might be a little high to wade it though.

8. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    best of luck to ya joe. I hope there is a big one caught by Nebraska city. Hopefully its in your boat. make sure ya got a camera, cause i wanna see pictures. fishing the salt creek sat night. good luck to us all:0a22:

9. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    Hit salt creek last night. Got down to the water, and found out that I didnt have the 12 green sunfish I bought from cannfields. I thought I had left them in the car. Nope I didnt get them. The girl behind the counter was too worried about if I was on their mailing list or not to put everything in the bag. So yeah I am still a little pissed. The bank was too slick from that rain to walk too far up and down it to cast net bait. So no live bait. I get off at 7:00. So it was too late to run back. Wemt to the platte with chicken liver, night crawlers, and some stink bait. Had a few good hits on stink, but no takers. I cant wait for canfields to open so I can have a little chat with them. I will get 2 dozen free because of this crap. Oh well it was a beautiful night to be out.

10. cat_hounds

cat_hounds New Member

State:
    nebraska
    so is anyone going out i will be at around 730-800 i think we might make it an all nighter

11. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    well i am going out around 8 so i will see you out there i just might follow you and i know you always go down river so i will find you lol good luck

12. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    cat hounds i didn't see your boat come out last night.