Fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Aug 11, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO GET TO Go..
    ~ Tight lines to you all!

2. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello, just wanted to let the AZ members know that I am new to the group and have been fishing for a few years here in metro PHX. and I have found that I enjoy catfishing the most by far! Hopefully somebody will share info about an area at Lake Pleasant or Barlett that would be productive. I am limited since I do not have a boat. I have done some scouting and had a few takers in areas that were coves at both lakes. Any advice or even an invite would be appreciated, Thks. J.T.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC. Take a look around and you should learn a lot.. Look into the Archives and past discussions to learn of productive areas..
    * Regarding Plesant, Not too many Boc folks catfish there. Or at least they do not talk about it..

Good luck to you!

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Welcome as well to the BOC. As AZFlats said check the archives as there are alot of posts about Bartlett and Roosevelt. There are areas at Bartlett that are good for land locked trips. Take a look around its a great site. Once again welcome!!

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    What days can you go fishing. I go to bartlett quite a bit by myself.

6. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Micah, the days I go are are Thursday through Saturday. If you are interested I will be going this Friday in the evening. Send me an e-mail with a contact number if you are interested jayteenaz@yahoo.com and thanks to the members who have welcomed me and shared there advice, James.

7. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    Just a note to all who are thinking about fishing a Bartlett this weekend, it won't happen the road is closed again from all of the rain we had on Wednesday and don't look like it will re-open until next week sometime. This is the fifth time in the last two years why can't the county or state build a bridge over that wash?

8. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Kevin,
    Thank's for the head's up I was just starting to load the boat, and, thought I would get on the site to see who else was headed that way.Saved me an hours drive, and, a aggrevated ride back home.

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    That's too bad..

Go to Roosie..

* I am going to Lynx tomorrow to try out the new fly rod on trout. It has been over a year since I got the cannoe wet..

Hope everyone gets a line wet this weekend!
    Take care!!!

10. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Headed down to Rosey in a little while hopefully the flatheads will be in an eating mood this trip.

11. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Got back from Lynx~ Caught a nice sunburn.. Hope you catch a big one CATMAN...

12. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well just got back and the flats didn't cooperate. Had a couple of serious runs but it could have been channels. We caught quite a few channels on worms that we were using because we had a hard time catching bait. Got a late start because of tire problems on the way down. Still beats sitting at home. It was a beautiful night with plenty of stars out and the tempetures were perfect. We will try it again next weekend.

13. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend, I didn't get out to any lake. Hopefully I will do some fishing 9/1/06.