Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

fishing this weekend ....?

576 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cyrusthegreat 
#1 ·
hey guys, i am planning on doing some fishing on Sat and Sund.....does anybody know what the fishing MIGHT be like or anywhere i should try my luck around the Fredericskburg area or the Quantico area ?????

thanks,

#4 ·
I am not familure with that area but, around here in southwest
Virginia I have been getting some channels in areas i would not usually fish for them, shallow water up againt the banks(1-2 feet) or around rip-rap with access to deeper water or up the mouths of feeder creeks. Just a suggestion to think out side the box during the spawn, they seem to be in shallower areas around here. I am a newbie here but this is where i have been catching some channels and not so much in the deeper holes where I would normally fish for them.

#5 ·
It seems like you're in the NOVA area. The Potomac has a lot of big cats in the 30-50 pound range. I have a small boat I use to fish the Potomac and am familiar with the Pohick Bay area, about 10 miles north of Quantico. I've also fished the Rappahannock, under the 301 bridge, near Fredericksburg. If you're interested, send me a message.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.